News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

West Glacier Montana

Started by Putts255, September 02, 2011, 07:20:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Putts255

Well it has taken me a while to get this all posted but in my defense I have been real busy at home and at work.

KOA campground.  My motor home and the mountains all around.

Side shot of the motor home and the trailer and you can just see the Tiger.

On my way to the "Going to the Sun" highway.  Wife is on the back taking picutres.  First one.

Just the start of the climb, notice the narrow road and wonderful wall to my right....

First tunnel.

And here we go!  Nice steep drop to the right...

Nice snow melt water coming down the mountian.

Nothing better than the wife and my bike in the same picture with the gloriuos mountains in the background.

Construction, one lane only on a couple segments...

Nice view.

Our first goat sitting.

Getting colder as we get higher and snow is everywhere....brrhhh!

This looks like water in the picture but it is actually snow with a layer of dirt over it.  

Followed highway 206 to 35 down south and then around Flathead lake.  Took me about 3½ hours but I did stop frequently.  Thoroughly enjoyable ride from West Glacier around the lake and then back again.  

Southbound on Hwy 35.  No wife with me,  Camera is strapped around my neck and I am snapping pictures as I go.

I have a lot more pictures.  If you are interested in looking, here they are.

http://s1192.photobucket.com/albums/aa3 ... 20Montana/
Father of 2, married 28 years to fantastic woman, lots of toys and still lots of dreams....

"You're never too old to learn new things."
_____
2001 Triumph Tiger - Black

rf9rider

Nice pics and scenery there.

Mustang

going to the sun hiway and flathead lake ,used to live in kalispell once upon a time , it is awesome country for sure  :D

KuzzinKenny

Jeez Putts255, yer motor homes as big as me flat  :shock:  :lol:

crackin pics  :thumbsup

KK
In Scotland, there`s no such thing as bad weather - only the wrong clothes !! Billy Connolly

Spud

That looks stunning (I'm not on about Kenny's flat) cheers Spud  :wink:

D-Fuzz

Looks like you had a good ride.  I was amazed how much snow was still at the topof the Beartooth Pass, looks like there was even more there.  Looks like things were pretty congested with traffic, obviously a very popular destination.
Scott

1996 Tiger 885, black

Putts255

Well KK, it is a big unit to drive and get around.  I averaged 7.8 miles per gallon on the way to Montana and 9.1 on the way back.  with a 55 gallon tank I can average about 425 miles before I am in desperate need of a fill.  Sorry about the size of your flat...  :wink:  But I do love the size of this motor home, very comfortable indeed.  

I have already started talking to my brother about heading back next year when the construction is all done.  We're thinking taking a Friday and a Monday off and just ride the bikes to and from.  I bet the non-stop ride from bottom to summit would be much nicer when the construction is all done.  I was able to ride almost the whole way down with the engine off.  

Cheers
Father of 2, married 28 years to fantastic woman, lots of toys and still lots of dreams....

"You're never too old to learn new things."
_____
2001 Triumph Tiger - Black