News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

Shock question

Started by Arcus, December 14, 2004, 06:03:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Arcus

Will a rear shock from a 2000 Tiger fit a 1995 Tiger?

Robbie

The Steamer and EFI bikes have a different shock. The Steamers have a remote reservoir. They may fit but you will have to do some more digging
Robbie and Mohan the original silver Tiger

mcilvenny

Although the standard shock on a steamer has a remote res I'm not sure a replacement has to have, I recently saw a White power unit for a steamer advertised on eBay that did not have a remote res !!!
EeeZeee Tiger

\"96\" Steamer

Surely a 2000 bike is not a "Steamer". It's the same shape as the "955i" and has the same swing arm as a "955i". Therfore the shock doesn't have the rising rate linkage that the "Steamer" has and, thus, the shock for the 2000 bike should fit.

Having said all that. I interogated the WP stand at the NEC show and was told that WP will be bringing out a dedicated "955i" shock in 2005.