News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

An old(very) ride report

Started by Chris Canning, October 10, 2011, 08:09:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Chris Canning

Came across this on another site,but for the Brits on here what an insight,even in the early eighties when you were 25 miles away from Calais you never saw another Brits so imagine these guys 8 years after the war.

http://www.go-faster.com/SS100.html

metalguru

Fantastic find.
Those old air ferries I can remember as a kid flying over Tenterden in Kent, they used to fly very low and could here them coming for ages. The airfield as the crow flies was not very far away, and can only remember them flying during the day, The airfield is still there but it has been converted to an industrial estate.
2013 Explorer
2006 Rocket 3
2004 Tiger Lucifer Orange
2001 Adventurer. (Like new).
1993 DR200
1977 Kawa Z1000A1 (Had from new)
1972 BSA A65L
1960 Norman Nippy
1952 Royal Enfield Ensign MK1
2 Crossers
I may as well do it, as I'm gonna get blamed for it anyway.

Chris Canning

It's the quality of the photos that I'm amazed at,never mind the trip, asked my mother today what the going wage was back then she tells me my oldman was on £9 3s a week in 55,so those folk were not short of a bob or two to do a trip like that never mind the cost of the bikes.

Tigertriple

Fantastic post. These guys had a true sense of adventure.  :D Brilliant photos & bikes.
2006, 955 Tiger Caspian blue with lot\'s of juicy extras

chairhead

Brilliant,
fires the imagination!!
03 Girly Roulette Green with a Hedingham ETH
TOR can
Wilbers shock & wasp L/L forks
Taylormade Billet wheel

aeronca

Steamers Rule!!!
It's Tire, not Tyre

GO SEAHAWKS!!!!!!

John Stenhouse

That's a great find Chris, those photos are amazingly clear, they really give an atmosphere
Black 885i Tiger UK based
Orange 955i Tiger Canadian based
Norton 961S never got it, tired of waiting

Chris Canning

What I know about camera's and tuppence wouldn't get my hair cut,but I mailed the son who did the posting and he didn't know either although did say a couple of them were photography buffs.

Can you imagine what it must have been like crossing into Germany so few years after the war !!!

Timbox2

Brilliant find Chris, a real gem.
2016 Tiger Sport

Chris Canning

KuzzinKenny

Grrreat find Chris  :thumbsup

its the most i've read in a loooooong time !!   :oops:  :lol:

cheers !!

KK
In Scotland, there`s no such thing as bad weather - only the wrong clothes !! Billy Connolly

HockleyBoy

What a great report, pity the roads aren't that clear anymore :(
05 Tiger Lucifer Orange (resting) 07 GSX-R1000TT K7 71 Triumph T25T 17 Tiger 1050 Sport