News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

Barbers Vintage Motorcycle Festival

Started by Yankee Dog, October 11, 2011, 02:31:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Yankee Dog

The missus and I went to Barbers Motorsports Park last Saturday for the Vintage Motorcycle Festival. Barbers is a world class race track coupled with a world class motorcycle museum. A good time was had by all and I decide to share some of what we saw you all you nice folks.  
Barbers is a great place if you have not been there. They have a bunch of statues places around the grounds. Very cool in my opinion. This guy is about twelve feel tall or so. There are also spiders, ants and other assorted thingamabobs.

The first thing is that motorcycle can park just about anywhere that can fit. Barbers doesn't do too much to control this and the resulting chaos is something to behold. Now don't take this as a complaint, just a comment and possibly a warning that should you decide to that this fun even in sometime in the future and you figure you might want to leave early you should be very careful where you park or risk being blocked in. By the time the missus and I left (5:30) things were starting to clear out however so it was not much of a problem for us.

The first thing we did was head for the swap meet. The swap meet consisted of several acres of motorcycle parts and accessories. I really didn't have a shopping list of any sort. But there were lots to see and gawk at in any case.

If you do decided you want a certain part for that certain old bike you have out in the garage I would suggest you know what the part looks like. I know I certainly did not have the slightest idea what I was looking at most of the time.

Of course besides junk I mean parts they also whole bike for sale. Some of them in pristine condition.

Of course some of them needed a little work.

OK OK , some of them need a whole lotta work.

We also saw the new MOTUS while we were there even go to sit on it....

And did you know they also race some of these old bikes.

http://i13.photobucket.com/albums/a295/ ... 0_7502.jpg[/img][/URL]

Personally I would not, as some of them did not make it all the way around the track unassisted.

Of course the parking lot was a show all by itself.

We also found this "contraption" in the parking lot. Most interesting is all I can say.

Anyway, that about rounds it out. This was our first trip to this festival. I do believe we will try it again next year.

Chris Canning

I've a close friend and his son flew out to go to that,still waiting for them to come home for a report  :D

zadok_oz

I've seen these 'Barber' reports before and I must get to see it. Awesome!
Marty F
\'03 Tiger 955i