News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

Front brakes

Started by daveb, October 23, 2011, 06:05:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

daveb

all sorted fitted, new washers fitted, took bike for a spin all is good with the new calipers bike washed too

mwrmoore

What bike are those calipers off? I take it they fit fine?

daveb

Quote from: "mwrmoore"What bike are those calipers off? I take it they fit fine?

the guy was unsure which model of triumph they were for. but I was prepared to to the risk, he offered to take them back less the postage if they didn't fit.

aparently Nissin brake calipers are used on a wide range of bikes using the same pattern.

I dry fitted them first, also checked that the triumph pads fitted, also the slider part of thew caliper also fitted.

they are a perfect mechanical match for the Tiger, test rode it yestarday and all is fine. So a lucky find.

Bixxer Bob

Must check the mounts to see if the 6 pot Nissins on the 'Bird would fit. They'd be an interesting mod  8)
I don't want to achieve immortality through prayer, I want to achieve it through not dying...

daveb

Quote from: "Bixxer Bob"Must check the mounts to see if the 6 pot Nissins on the 'Bird would fit. They'd be an interesting mod  8)

worth a try, check if fixing points match if not try the positions of the slider pins.

Bixxer Bob

Bird and Tiger are roughly the same weight, but could imagine  the different dynamics - Tiger's short and high, Bird is long and low. With the 6 pots on the Tiger (assuming they fit) the nose would go down, bottom out, stoppie then those long legs would unload catapulting the rider into orbit   :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :shock:
I don't want to achieve immortality through prayer, I want to achieve it through not dying...

rf9rider

Quote from: "Bixxer Bob"Must check the mounts to see if the 6 pot Nissins on the 'Bird would fit. They'd be an interesting mod  8)

Don`t think they`ll fit, the Nissin 6 pots are usually 90mm between  mounting holes, think your Tiger is 85mm?

They`ll fit my Steamer with the Trophy legs  :)