News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

New Member: Transmission Fluid/gear oil Tiger 800

Started by mbellantone, November 23, 2011, 10:15:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mbellantone

Hey People!

New Member here and very excited about my new 800 that I'm in the process of purchasing as I write this (waiting to hear about OEM centerstand/grips/risers and whether they are back ordered).  Traded my 2006 Ducati Multistrada for a street version, Venon Yellow... again, very excited.

One question:  Does the transmission share motor oil or does it use it's own gear oil?

Simple question, right?

Thanks!
2012 Tiger 800 Venom Yellow
1984 R80RT

Mustang

Sin_Tiger

Venom yellow, sounds interesting, pic please  8)
I used to have long hair, took acid and went to hip joints. Now I long for hair, take antacid and need a new hip joint

mbellantone

Ummm, i actually just changed the color a couple of days ago.  After some thought, the venom yellow doesn't really come across as yellow but more like, as a friend of mine called it "Gangreen".  The color started to bother me after a while.  Not really yellow at all but more like a "squidbike green"

I opted for the white.  I pick it up tomorrow with bar risers, heated grips.  Center Stand is on perpetual back order as it's waiting for a "design review" by Triumph..
1984 R80RT

Sin_Tiger

I used to have long hair, took acid and went to hip joints. Now I long for hair, take antacid and need a new hip joint

mbellantone

Laughing with or at?
1984 R80RT

KuzzinKenny

Quote from: "mbellantone"Laughing with or at?

:lol: my moneys on - a "design review" by Triumph  :lol:

KK
In Scotland, there`s no such thing as bad weather - only the wrong clothes !! Billy Connolly

Sin_Tiger

"Squidbike green"  :lol:

Bixxer Bob

Quote from: "KuzzinKenny"

:lol: my moneys on - a "design review" by Triumph  :lol:

KK

+1  :lol:
I don't want to achieve immortality through prayer, I want to achieve it through not dying...

KuzzinKenny

Quote from: "Sin_Tiger"

"Squidbike green"  :lol:

Drat !! this is why i'm never in the bookies !!  :lol:

KK
In Scotland, there`s no such thing as bad weather - only the wrong clothes !! Billy Connolly

NeilD

Quote from: "KuzzinKenny":lol: my moneys on - a "design review" by Triumph  :lol:

KK

well they've had 2 recalls on the centerstand so far, with a 3rd on its way!  :roll:  

venom Yellow? the colour does change depending on the light, but I described mine as 'metallic mucus' and t'other half insists its Orville Green'..

keith-harris-and-orville-431x300 by GUZZINEIL, on Flickr

anyways, enjoy it, I do mine now that I've removed the screen...  8)

Sin_Tiger

Just to make sure I am not upsetting anybody, I was having a laugh at the various names, not the colour itself :wink:

mbellantone

Ha, that's the best i've heard.

Well, yes boys and girls, on Friday i took delivery of my new "police radio car" white (as my wife calls it).

I love it!  Having a hard time keeping the rev's down during break in.

I hope this one is a keeper.  you'll see in the attached pic, my 2006 Ducati Multi that I traded in for the Tiger.  I wish i would have liked the Duc but it wasn't in the cards.

I don't understand what is so hard about getting the Center Stand right. It's not like it's a new technology.  If you notice, even twisted throttle doesn't have one for the US, only Canada. I wonder what that's all about.

M
1984 R80RT

aeronca

WELCOME ABOARD 8)  nice bike
Steamers Rule!!!
It's Tire, not Tyre

GO SEAHAWKS!!!!!!

mbellantone

Thanks! I dig it! Now for some panniers...

Thinking Pelican cases from Caribou luggage...
1984 R80RT