News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

New Member: Transmission Fluid/gear oil Tiger 800

Started by mbellantone, November 23, 2011, 10:15:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

curt

Quote from: "mbellantone"Ha, that's the best i've heard.

I don't understand what is so hard about getting the Center Stand right. It's not like it's a new technology.  If you notice, even twisted throttle doesn't have one for the US, only Canada. I wonder what that's all about.

M

Apparently Triumph added a charcoal canister thingy to meet emission standards. Anyway it gets in the way of the SW-Motech center stand (the Twisted Throttle one) unless you remove it. I think a few people are starting to do this. Once the canister is removed, the stand goes right on. So far no issues.

And yes it's hard to keep the revs down. The dealer told me to ride it and not baby it, so....
So many roads, so little time

mbellantone

I'm sure that what you're saying is that the triumph dealer is using the same centerstand made by sw-motech by twisted throttle.  Would also explain why the US version of the centerstand is not offered by SW either.

This all sucks though for my ever decreasing respect for mankind. I asked this exact question of my dealer and he assured me that the C.S. I was waiting for was produced by the factory...

So, the question becomes; do we buy the Canadian stand and throw the canister in the recycling bin?

M
2012 Tiger 800 Venom Yellow
1984 R80RT

curt

Quote from: "mbellantone"I'm sure that what you're saying is that the triumph dealer is using the same centerstand made by sw-motech by twisted throttle.  Would also explain why the US version of the centerstand is not offered by SW either.

This all sucks though for my ever decreasing respect for mankind. I asked this exact question of my dealer and he assured me that the C.S. I was waiting for was produced by the factory...

So, the question becomes; do we buy the Canadian stand and throw the canister in the recycling bin?

M

I don't think they are the same center stand. I'm pretty sure like other aftermarket companies SW-Motech makes their own stuff.

I did order the center stand (Canada only version) from Twisted Throttle and saved the canister, just in case....

update; just looked at the Tiger parts fiche. The center stands are not the same..

mbellantone

did you install the center stand?  what's you're opinion of it?  

I wouldn't mind getting rid of the canister either.

M
2012 Tiger 800 Venom Yellow
1984 R80RT

curt

Yep, I installed the SW-Motech center stand. It went on fine. The only hard part was attaching the springs. Quality is very good. I've had a few of their other products on another bike and it was all well made. I haven't noticed the stand banging around while riding but I've only done a few short rides on the highway.
I tried ordering the Triumph stand but after waiting because of the recall, canceled my order and got the SW Motech.
As far as using the center stand, it's about the same as the center stand on my old Dakar or Tiger 955.