News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

Signal repeater

Started by The Midnight Rambler, December 01, 2011, 09:50:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Midnight Rambler

Having got thoroughly sick of forgetting to cancel my indicators (I blame it on years of riding old bikes with none) I decided it was time to do something about it.
I looked at the gizmo that replaces the relay and cancels automatically and decided I wasn't going to pay £80 odd and still have to cut the bike about.
What was needed was a brighter repeater where I can see it.
The solution to the first part was the discovery of the pre wired LEDs on offer at http://www.phenoptix.com These don't need ballast resistors as its all done for you. The one I chose was the smallest 3mm size, its very bright
A quick bit of turning and hacking of bits of stainless produced the mount and the recently added Garmin mount provided the ideal location.
The wires were simply held against the contacts in the holder with a dud bulb and taped up.
Jobs a Goodun!
Hope this helps others with a memory like mine.

Yes it is flashing!
"Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming "Wow! What a Ride!"
― Hunter S. Thompson