News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

Steamer out for a short jaunt in the woods

Started by Bob Tosi, January 05, 2012, 03:43:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bob Tosi

Don't ever sell a Steamer !Steamers Rule!"

Sin_Tiger

That top box must be heavy, them's serious eye bolts  :lol:

Nice pics Bob
I used to have long hair, took acid and went to hip joints. Now I long for hair, take antacid and need a new hip joint

Bob Tosi

The top box is plastic, just like a Pelican case.  The bolts are justy attempt at extra tie down points.  As usually I over did it. :ImaPoser

D-Fuzz

Are those still your first set of Kenda knobbies?  If so, they are holding up better than mine did.
Scott

1996 Tiger 885, black

Bob Tosi

Yes these are the same Kenda's. Working on about a thousand miles on them. Most road miles.  Still a lot if knob left. Good grip in the dirt and mud. Feel nice and solid in the turns on the road.

D-Fuzz

I got about 1000 miles out of my rear tire as well.  It hooked up good, just didn't last as long as I hoped.  Great photos, BTW. :D
Scott

1996 Tiger 885, black

Rocinante

Nice tires, neat top box, fab road, and the real color on a nice bike!  :twisted:
www.dagjen.no
Once upon a time through North and South America:
www.rocinantestravels.com

Bob Tosi

This was a short ride. About a 15 mile run up into the hills, then about 8 miles of dirt and back home.  Just a short break to feed the addiction. :headbang  :5moped

Mustang

where abouts .......I used to live in Chico !

Bob Tosi

Quotewhere abouts .......I used to live in Chico !

This was a section of Doe Mill Rd off of Schott Rd which is off Hwy 32 about 4 miles east of Forest Ranch.

Mustang

I kinda though  it had to be off of 32 somewhere........ :D

Bob Tosi

When we're you here? There's lots of good logging roads to ride up here as well as forest service roads through national parks.  My problem comes when I go farther "off the beaten track" and start thinking the Tiger is a dirt bike! :headbang

Mustang

long time ago ............but I did ride my tigger out there in april 08 for a little 9000 mile road trip  :D

played on the logging roads around Paradise for a while before heading off towards Reno

Bob Tosi

Very cool. Been overpay of those roads oni
 Mine

Bob Tosi

QuoteVery cool. Been overpay of those roads oni
Mine

must have been drinking :friday  :ImaPoser

My main aim for this was to try out the new GPS mount from Tourtech.  I got a 76CSX for my off roading and it works great.