News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

The more I ride it...

Started by NeilD, January 10, 2012, 05:47:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

NeilD

.. the more I like it..   :D

just thought I'd 'share' as its a bit quiet in here..   :D

I've been making the most of the decent weather this week and have been out on the Tiger each of the last 3 days..   8)  removing the screen improved things no end for me..

on a more serious note, this week I've also bought my first 'decent' helmet - I got a very good deal on an Arai Quantum at my local bike shop.. I have to say I cant believe the difference  having used '£50' flip-ups for the last few years .. its quieter, better all round vision and feels like it weighs hardly anything..  still getting used to the 'double D' ring and today in the petrol station I instinctively went to flip up the front  :)

Sin_Tiger

Good to hear that, still giggle every time it makes that Ting Tong Tang noise on the overrun like an empty beer can fell out of your backpack  :lol:

Looking forward to getting my paperwork sorted out :roll:
I used to have long hair, took acid and went to hip joints. Now I long for hair, take antacid and need a new hip joint

blacktiger

Good to hear Neil.
Haven't been out on mine for months now. Just haven't found the excuse or anywhere to go really. Every day with decent weather has been wrecked by having to go to work.
2013 800XC 33000 miles & counting.

Sin_Tiger

I know that feeling, excuses I am not usually short of though  :wink:
I used to have long hair, took acid and went to hip joints. Now I long for hair, take antacid and need a new hip joint

NeilD

now with added Ventura rack..  :)

P1020217 by GUZZINEIL, on Flickr

NeilD

and now with a Speed Triple nose fairing thingy..  :)

P1020246 by GUZZINEIL, on Flickr

P1020243 by GUZZINEIL, on Flickr

too cold to finish it off or roadtest today.  :shock:

blacktiger

Quote from: "NeilD"too cold to finish it off or roadtest today.  :shock:

That nose thingy looks good Neil.
Too cold? Too right but I had booked mine in for its 12K service yesterday. 'kin 'ell!!! Minus what???? Thank god for heated jacket liners.

Quote from: "Sin_Tiger"still giggle every time it makes that Ting Tong Tang noise on the overrun

You know? I didn't hear any of that on my way home yesterday. Wonder of they adjusted something.

Bixxer Bob

Quote from: "NeilD"and now with a Speed Triple nose fairing thingy..  :)

Am I the only one thinking 'Dark Knight'?
I don't want to achieve immortality through prayer, I want to achieve it through not dying...

blacktiger

Bixxer Bob

Definitely has a 'Batman' look about it to me  :roll:
I don't want to achieve immortality through prayer, I want to achieve it through not dying...

Sin_Tiger

I always thought you were a bit batty Bob  :lol:

It does look cool, be nice to see it in the flesh, and interested to hear how you find the ride with that Neil.

Wonder if they adjusted the tinkle with the later maps as it was definitely prominent.

NeilD

being out there in the Fens 'BB', it does strange things to a mans mind   :D seen any big black cats yet?  :P

yes Sin I'm looking forward to see whats its like to ride with, as long as  it doesnt make it any worse then I'll be happy with the cosmetic benefits  :)

blacktiger

I'd certainly be interested in a photo run through of what's needed and how it's done.
Whaderyamean you didn't take any photos when you were fixing it on!!!! :roll:

NeilD

will do..I took a couple, but will take some more as its got to come off again before final fit -  I just want to tidy up edges of bits I cut away etc and ran out of time yesterday..

blacktiger