News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

Diesel Tiger and other Diesel stuff here

Started by Mustang, December 14, 2008, 06:46:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mustang

I got this link from Yahoo TriumphTiger site .
A gent in UK I believe converted his steamer over to a diesel so he could ride in countrys or places that don't have gasoline but have good ol diesel .

JetdocX

Wow, that would completely destroy the character of the bike, IMO. :cry:

But it would do wonders for the reliability factor. :lol:
From parts unknown.

John Stenhouse

A Lombardini diesel motor, flat out 85mph but 125mpg, just one question..........Why?
Black 885i Tiger UK based
Orange 955i Tiger Canadian based
Norton 961S never got it, tired of waiting

cascadetiger

I can't believe how much work had to go into this project.  Its kind of cool.  It has its own character.  I don't think I would go riding off into the unknown on it, it bound to breakdown and have issues.

Mudhen

I would love to convert to diesel!  Doesn't the military have diesel KLRs?  There was an article out a couple years ago saying they were going to start making them for the public...haven't seen any yet, though.
\'96 Steamer

cascadetiger

Check this out, a Blue Steamer with a 3 cylinder diesel doing wheelies and burn outs!

Stretch

Clack-clack-clack-clack-clack-clack-clack-clack-clack-clack-clack

:mrgreen:

Advwannabe

Yeah what a racket and that primary belt looks pretty exposed but....

Low down torque doesn't appear to be a problem.

Weight appears to be moderate and reas performance.

Much increased fuel range due to decreased consumption and maybe more practical on a transcontinental tour as diesel may be more available.

I'd like to know more!
No good deed goes unpunished
02 Tigger
02 Blackbird
75 GT380
IBA #33180

flux

That sounds worse than an LC4... or a Buell...  :shock:

Diesel KLRs... those were meant to come out to us mere civilians at a price of $10,000 or more... and at the end of the day... its still a KLR.   :icon_scratch

blacktiger

Quote from: "cascadetiger"Check this out, a Blue Steamer with a 3 cylinder diesel doing wheelies and burn outs!

That one is in Germany. I don't think they sound to much different from a proper steamer. :twisted:  :ImaPoser
2013 800XC 33000 miles & counting.

Groucho

This Diesel Tiger has been constructed by a member of the german-speaking http://www.tigerhome.de.
As there is an english-speaking corner in the forum, you are invited to  visit us!
"Time flies like an arrow. Fruit flies like a banana." Groucho Marx

coachgeo

HERE IT IS

right now all that's there is the parts I've ordered or have. Just ordered engine today.  Thus now I'm BROKE

As the project actually gets underway, you guys please do fire away questions and comments in this thread.  I'm assuming you guys will have plenty of questions, suggestions, comments etc.  Don't want folk to feel like they have to join the Diesel Bike Board just to speak up.  

Look forward to the upcoming conversations.
COACH POSER (Till Tribota Tiger's done & I'm riding it)

Dr. Mordo

1999 BMW F650

1996 Tiger

coachgeo

grrrrr.. spoke too soon I guess.

Just ran into a major snag.  Build is on hold.
COACH POSER (Till Tribota Tiger's done & I'm riding it)