News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

Diesel Tiger and other Diesel stuff here

Started by Mustang, December 14, 2008, 06:46:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mustang

Quote from: "coachgeo"grrrrr.. spoke too soon I guess.

Just ran into a major snag.  Build is on hold.
:new_popcornsmiley

coachgeo

Hold is not be the right word.  I just have to move the operation to TX instead of CA and creae a new build team.  It will just slow things way down.
COACH POSER (Till Tribota Tiger's done & I'm riding it)

Sinnergy

Coachgeo,

I wonder if you have plans for the 885 motors you're pulling.  I'm 'desperately seeking' a replacement for my '96 Tiger.  At 82K (somewhat hard, I guess) miles, she's coming apart on me.

Thanks

Sinn'

coachgeo

Quote from: "Sinnergy"Coachgeo,

I wonder if you have plans for the 885 motors you're pulling.  I'm 'desperately seeking' a replacement for my '96 Tiger.  At 82K (somewhat hard, I guess) miles, she's coming apart on me.

Thanks

Sinn'
see the classifieds

pinner

Coach, speaking of classifieds, I initiated a discussion regarding your carbs. I have also sent sveral PMs.  I havn't heard back,  shall I assume that you are no longer interested?
Cheers, Kevin
"The path to righteousness and wisdom is as narrow and difficult to walk as the razor\'s edge."

Sinnergy

Yeah... I guess that would make a certain amount of sense, wouldn't it?  I see (now) the post with the 'make offer' bits.  I'll PM you.

Thanks,

Sinn'

coachgeo

Quote from: "pinner"Coach, speaking of classifieds, I initiated a discussion regarding your carbs. I have also sent sveral PMs.  I havn't heard back,  shall I assume that you are no longer interested?
Cheers, Kevin
Im waitning to get both bikes under one roof so we sell the best stuff to the first folk that showed intrest.  Right now they are around 300 miles apart. (one in Nor Cal and one in So. Cal)

coachgeo

Not sure if you folk can see the pics w/out joining the board but here is a thread about building a Tiger using a Diesel Smart engine and an Ultima Tranny

http://www.suckindiesel.com/thingy/view ... ?f=3&t=873

This is very simular to my plans though at this point Im planning a non computerized engine.  (3cyl Diahatsu IDI 34hp 950cc Turbo TDI)

aeronca

thats pretty freakin cool!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Steamers Rule!!!
It's Tire, not Tyre

GO SEAHAWKS!!!!!!

coachgeo

one of my questions with the type of frame the tiger has.... (spine type) how much frame flex is there if at all?

This is neccissary info when considering welding to the frame brackets etc.

Mustang

Quote from: "coachgeo"one of my questions with the type of frame the tiger has.... (spine type) how much frame flex is there if at all?

This is neccissary info when considering welding to the frame brackets etc.

Not really sure if there is any flex , the standard steamer engine is a stressed member ............meaning that it is an integral part of the equation to the frame rigidity . My best guess would be that the engine in a steamer is well more than 60 % of the rigidity to the frame , probably even more so .

coachgeo

thank you Mustang. Thats the kind of info Im fishing for. For example we have been discussing rubber mounts for diesel engines.  Sounds like that might not be too wise here with it being that much of a structural member

heiko

hi bikers
i am new here and made an sign in, because i got a lot of mails from england about my diesel tigers.
some are from your forum.
so i want to explain here the bike that all know about it.
i transform it from an t400.
the engine is an lombardini 1000ccm diesel triple and runs nearly vibrationsfree, with an harley 6speed gearbox and dryclutch.
for some people i put an supercharger on it.
consume is beetween 2-2,7 liter diesel on 100km.
with charger max 3,5liter.
topspeed ca 140 and with charger 155.
price is 11500euro with charger 12500.
the price is so high because of components.
engine alone is 4200euro with 30prozent rabatt.
if you have questions be free to ask .
iwill answer all.
but please in simply english. :roll:  
thanks heiko from raining germany
p.s. here you find foto material from some dieselbikes from he also harleys

http://kolben-blog.blogspot.com/search/label/Diesel

aeronca

wow - cool.!!!  welcome aboard. i think you deisle guys are going to convert me :)  well, maybe not the tiger, but i do have a few other poject bikes.
Steamers Rule!!!
It's Tire, not Tyre

GO SEAHAWKS!!!!!!

coachgeo

Quote from: "heiko"hi bikers
i am new here and made an sign in, because i got a lot of mails from england about my diesel tigers....

Welcome aboard Heiko!!!

Glad to see you here.  Hope you and the family are good. You got one kid name Harley right?  Do you have two kids or the one?  I forget.  

Sorry I have not updated you on my progress.

I now have to Tigers to use for parts.  I have the ultima 6speed and the 3" belt drive.

Because of availability have choosen to use a Diahatsu diesel.  Do not have that yet but I do have a diahatsu petrol that uses the same block so I can mock up some with that.  Wating for a cement pad to come in for me to work on then Im going to put a tent over that for a garage.

Thank you again for all your help in the past.