News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

Diesel Tiger and other Diesel stuff here

Started by Mustang, December 14, 2008, 06:46:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

coachgeo

my engine to be disappeared in shipment.  Made it from Wisconsin to Chicago IL and disappeared.  Now the battles begin with shipper.

The ol' saying goes.... "If it were not for bad luck... I'lde have no luck at all"  seems to fit well lately :oops:
COACH POSER (Till Tribota Tiger's done & I'm riding it)

coachgeo

I'm acting as an agent* for Diesel Dave since he is not able to get online much.

Trades- Partial trade for Triumph Tiger Steamer, Triumph Speed Triple and or Briggs and Stratt/Diahtsu or Kholer/Lombardini Diesel

To members of this board We'll list it at 10.5grand OBO. It is going on Craigslist a good bit higher.

Particulars-

. 100mpg

. 60kph all day long for those slow down and smell the roses courntry and offroad trips

. NEW Dneper MT16 (not 11) with Hack

. Rare OEM front Disc Brake

. 2wd HEAVY DUTY rearend (not Civilian but Military version)
...Same gear ratios just better quality material and craftsmanship

. presently running with 170km at this point.

. Hatz 2G40 w/ Newly machined bell housing adapter

. NEW everything (Paint, chassis, drive line, wheels, Tranny, Speedo and on and on and on)

. Wired for basic day or night driving. Finish off the harness to get all the bells and whistles

*Honesty is best policy. Yes I get a small commission off this sell to fund my diesel bike project (Diesel Tiger Steamer)

PM or email coachgeo AT hotmail DOT com

Trades- Partial trade for Triumph Tiger Steamer, and or Briggs and Stratt/Diahtsu or Kholer/Lombardini Diesel

coachgeo

Mustang

Quote from: "coachgeo"The Smart Tiger is on the road.

pics here

http://www.suckindiesel.com/thingy/view ... 8788#p8788
yabbut where's yours ?  :icon_scratch

coachgeo

Mine is on hiatus.  With the $2000 engine I paid for getting lost by the freight company..... I'm screwed.  The company is offering max insurance pay out of $23.50.  Their lawyers have it sewed up to where it would cost me and the seller more than 2grand to take them to court.

Can you spell  A S S H O L E S :twisted:  :twisted:

Mustang

here's a novel idea :idea:
why don't you take the two tigres you bought and make one decent one that runs .............

so what if it's not a diesel it will still sound sorta like one   :ImaPoser

coachgeo

I cant afford to spend money on something that is just fun.  Hell Im having to sell good necessities, and live with shiaty ones as it is.

A diesel tiger will get close to 100mpg at the same level of fun..  My commute is half hour each way.

Mustang

Quote from: "coachgeo"A diesel tiger will get close to 100mpg at the same level of fun..  
not if it never comes to be ................. :shock:

coachgeo

Quote from: "Mustang"
Quote from: "coachgeo"A diesel tiger will get close to 100mpg at the same level of fun..  
not if it never comes to be ................. :shock:
It will.... I'm stubborn and patient.

If things get tougher and require me to HAVE to abandon the project the bikes will go to good hands.

Jaythro

Are any of you guys registered over there ?

Whats the answer to the friggin question about

QuoteWhat motorcycle is commonly used in Diesel conversions?:
For protection against spam, Answer the above question.

I tried enfield Tiger triumph tiger BMW K100 etc etc etc Grrrrrrrrrrrrr

Do they really think the spam bots are gonna get past the friggin alpha numeric Image!

Some people are just too friggin anal about security!

coachgeo

yeah Im on there.  I think it is Enfield.  did you spell it right?  did you capitalize the "E"?

I left a message to see if their may be an issue on why you cant get registered.  What username you wanting to use?

If you have never administrated a board before you can not appreciate the reasoning behind the security.  Spammers, robots, register and crap your board.  It is a ROYAL PITA and lots of hard work to keep the junk off of a board.

catswiskas

hi thinking of a diesel conversion for my steamer.just wondering what mpg/horsepower people are getting also price for engine and bits .also are these available in uk if not could i ship one over and would it need an sva test when finished thanks. :)

BruKen

I've heard about these conversions. Can I ask why? What the advantages are etc. out of interest.

Sorry, I am of no help otherwise.

Jaythro

Check out MotoHeiko on You tube

Nick Calne

There's a guy (or was a guy) called coachgeo on this forum who was in the process of doing it.  Don't know if he ever got there but he had done the research.

Why not search for him and his posts.
Is it really an adventure bike if its wheels never see dirt?