News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

Diesel Tiger and other Diesel stuff here

Started by Mustang, December 14, 2008, 06:46:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mustang

Modified OEM guard .................off to the diesel thread  :wave

coachgeo

Quote from: Mustang on February 28, 2013, 10:20:11 PM
Modified OEM guard .................off to the diesel thread  :wave
Thank's for info on the guard. 

We are considering building a cradle to sit the engine in instead of using it as a structural member.  Any thoughts on that?

Also....... when Im able to actually do a "build" thread if you dont mind....... lets make that it's own thread. This thread is now to broad a scope to  put the build into.
COACH POSER (Till Tribota Tiger's done & I'm riding it)

coachgeo

build pics/discussion starting. Sticking with Chain drive and mounting engine similar manner to  OEM engine. (no cradle as considered earlier)

Should this portion go into a new thread under Steamer's?

http://suckindiesel.com/thingy/viewtopic.php?f=31&t=829&p=17494#p17494

Mustang

coachgeo

Quote from: Mustang on April 12, 2013, 09:30:44 PM
Quote from: coachgeo on April 12, 2013, 09:08:18 PM
build pics/discussion starting.

Should this portion go into a new thread under Steamer's?

http://suckindiesel.com/thingy/viewtopic.php?f=31&t=829&p=17494#p17494
no
OKy Doky. :wave  Our brains must organize material differently :qgaraduate. Or maybe it's too much Kubota for you to sit in the Steamer forum LOL. 

Should it be a Tribota Tiger when done

Mustang

try to post it in the GS forum on ADV ........let us know how you make out . :hat10

it will have very little to nothing to do with the tech aspect of a TRIUMPH TIGER .
you have it posted in the only home for it   .......SPEAKING OF BIKES.

coachgeo

coachgeo

some updates.  Curtis had been busy, ill, busy, injured, ill but back to go at it again.

. bent up temporary cradle to hold diesel engine.  Once all figured out will bend new tube.
. rubber mounting cradle for vibration dampening
. Crash bars - custom- will be big part of  new stress member to supplement  down tubes as a strength member since they will have anti vibration mounts on cradle.  Cradle is becoming a strength member where on the Tiger the engine is a strength member.
. Suzukie bike alternator modified to fit Kubota (mine had not alt.).   35 amp which if I read right is 10 amps more than Steamer and will also not have ignition load so should be plenty of juice for other things?

Sin_Tiger

I used to have long hair, took acid and went to hip joints. Now I long for hair, take antacid and need a new hip joint

Bixxer Bob

I don't want to achieve immortality through prayer, I want to achieve it through not dying...

Sin_Tiger

I used to have long hair, took acid and went to hip joints. Now I long for hair, take antacid and need a new hip joint

coachgeo

Suzuki Motorcycle Alternator modified to fit the Kubota alternator mount.  The original Idler pulley that was mounted here (no alternator model engine) was milled out to fit the alternator and heated, installed and cooled. This method locked the pulley to the shaft like stuck fornicating  dogs.   :bug_eye  Course later in the build it was discovered alternator won't work in that location.  Go figure.  Modifications to the alternator will still be utilized though

Diesel's clatter (like duhhh) so to be able to isolate that from the frame and the rider the decision was made to use a basket/Cradle like traditional bikes instead of using the engine as a structural member as OEM Triumph Steamer's do.  Could not do both structural member AND  vibration isolators engine mounts with out compromising it too much as a structural member.   In one pic you can see the CVT drive mocked up.   On the second Tiger (Curtis's) he will do a double chain to a Harley Ultima 6speed in a more traditional Motorcycle arrangement.   Oil filter will have to be remotely mounted to move alternator to that area.

Once all is done will see if the Sump Guard purchased thru here will be utilized.  If not it will go up for sell here along with the engines broke down to individual parts .

Sin_Tiger

Looks tiddly compared to the original 885, I realise there is a lot still to go in but it's looking good  :thumbsup