News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

NewYearsDay Ride 2005

Started by RedMenace, January 02, 2005, 05:21:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

RedMenace

Quote from: "Mudhen"
Quote from: "RedMenace"but since they changed the protocol for posting photos I seldom bother

??

I did see a moderator over on the triumphrat site tell someone not to post pics in the threads due to download times for people with slow connections.  That's freakin' lame...

Something like that happen on advrider?

Nothing that extreme. They ran out of room,  so they disabled the post option, but you can still put a pic up by linking to a host site. I spend too much time and money doing this as it is; I don't have a host site, don't intend to pay for one and don't want to spend the time posting and then linking  to my threads. I must not be the only one who feels this way as the once colorful ride reports are much less common now. It hasn't affected the jackals in Jo Momma, tho. They have nothing but  time and money and still post endless photos of each others butts, wives and tattoos, and repost them each time they quote a response, whilst arguing boneheaded jingoist politics :P  

it's their  site and more power to them; I just find it less appealing now :roll: I spend less time there and more on some the other forums now. If I were smart, I would be spending the time catching up with some of my projects and leave the computer turned off, but we all have our little vices. :lol:
The Red Menace

Mudhen

Ah...but Jo Mamma is good for, well, ok I guess I agree.

I like to just go over there, pick a v-strom thread, then talk about what a stupid bike it is.  After the flurry of hate mail, I get satiated and take a break from it for awhile.  (only kidding)

After Saturday I'll have an appropriate bike so I may be able to make meaningful posts in this forum...not just ask dumb questions and post pics of my GS on its side...now if the weather would cooperate - no hack to get me out in the snow   :(
\'96 Steamer

ridin gaijin

Quote from: "RedMenace"It hasn't affected the jackals in Jo Momma, tho. They have nothing but  time and money and still post endless photos of each others butts, wives and tattoos, and repost them each time they quote a response, whilst arguing boneheaded jingoist politics

Too true. JM - where the ignorant preach to the opinionated.

{ooooh I've been dying to say that...}

But, they DO call themselves the asylum. AND--here's how I wrap this all up and get back on topic--they have that neat picture of RedMenace in the snow on the bikes page! Ta-da!
2005 Tiger in Lucifurry Orange. Always something new it seems...

ridin gaijin

Quote from: "Mudhen".not just ask dumb questions and post pics of my GS on its side...

I thought it was cute! So now you can post pics of your Tiger on its side! (Mine needs company, lying there alone...)  :D
2005 Tiger in Lucifurry Orange. Always something new it seems...