News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

Stretch and RocDoc in Alaska, June 2007

Started by Stretch, August 04, 2007, 01:10:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

fano

Tama's Tigre

Epic ride... great pix!  Thanks :D

sagalout

Thats and awesome trip - great write up too, I really enjoyed reading that :)

Stretch

Thanks for the kind words.  I'm not sure how many photos I ended up posting here, but I took 560.  I'm getting more and more in the mindset of taking photos on a trip so I can write an interesting ride report.

I had originally posted this on ADVrider, and simply cut 'n' pasted it here when we moved in a couple days ago.  But in doing so I inadvertently left out June 6th, which was our tour of Prudhoe Bay and our swim in the Arctic ocean.

I went back just now and added June 6th, in proper chronological order.

Thanks for your patience.

Stretch

-33ยบ F in Prudhoe Bay right now.  Dammitboy!

HappyMan

That's the second time I've read this tale and I enjoyed it once again!!  Can't wait to make the trip myself.  Thanks for sharing.

What was your take on the Stroms?
Life is hard.  It\'s even harder if you\'re stupid. - John Wayne

Life\'s too short......Let\'s ride! - HappyMan

http://ridedualsport.com

Stretch

Very sturdy and reliable.  Mine blew a fork seal on the Dalton Highway, the only mechanical problem on the whole trip.  While we were in Deadhorse, we met up with a fellow on a KTM 950 Adventure, and he had a blown fork seal also.  Just one of those things, I guess.

The Strom was nowhere near as comfy as a Tiger... the seat was lower (less legroom), the suspension stiffer, and the wind protection was poor.

But a Strom is a good bike, no doubt.