News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

Colditz trip

Started by chinchliffe, April 13, 2012, 02:42:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

chinchliffe

Just done 1300 miles in 4 days on my 05 Tiger to Colditz Castle in Germany. Got the Hull to Rotterdam Ferry, rode through Holland, stopped for some sightseeing in Hameln ( of Pied Piper fame) then stayed at Naumburg for 2 nights. Fantastic long weekend trip, highly reccommended. Colditz superb and Tiger absolutley faultless. Average 52mpg.

fraser ross

XJC

Excellent, I would love to visit

Hope you had a good escape route! Although I believe it's a hotel now.

Where's Major Reid when you need him?

X.
The brain is useless. We must find another brain.

chinchliffe

Part of the castle is a hostel, you can stay for about £15 a night, part is a music academy, but the rest is being done up as a tourist attraction/museum. They are still finding escape equipment hidden under the floorboards! Fascinating place, we did the full guided tour for Euro 15.

Bixxer Bob

Quote from: "chinchliffe"....Average 52mpg.

The excellent fuel economy is caused by trying to keep up with the Beemer 650GS  :lol:

I used to have one and got 65mpg even when ragging it everywhere .....

Swap to the Tiger was due to a need for better 2-up capability.
I don't want to achieve immortality through prayer, I want to achieve it through not dying...

Chris Canning

We went must 6/7 years ago,were over that way for the German GP and went and had a look,I've an interest in the second world war and it was even better than I had hoped for,the artifacts in the museum are nothing short of extraordinary.

Although when the German guide was telling us that they treated their prisoners of war better than the Ruski's did,it caused some consternation!!.

Oddly enough our next door neighbours go on a trip there tommorow,if you ever have the chance go.