News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

Copper Canyon - Mexico 2001 tiger

Started by Montek, April 16, 2012, 09:42:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Montek

don't post much, but thought you all might like this.  Took a dang good offroad trip with the tiger.  3 1/2 days of bad - corection - kickass goattrails and dirt roads.  pictures coming as soon as i get time to download.  If you haven't done this, put it on thre bucket list of rides.  the tarmac to get there is sensational.  but you will need a couple handfuls of dirt skills or you'll find you and the bike at the bottom of a very steep-n-deep canyon.   I'll most likely start pics tuesday night.  need to unpack and sleep.

later
Big cats are faster

Spud

You know you can really go off some people  :wink:  cheers Spud  :wink:

Montek

how do i post a picture
Big cats are faster

Mustang

Quote from: "Montek"how do i post a picture
get a photobucket acct and then after you upload your pics to photobucket copy the IMG code link under the pic you want to post here and simply paste it into the body of your message here .
don't alter anything as you copy it from photobucket .

easy peasey

Montek

Big cats are faster

Montek

Big cats are faster

Montek

Pay no attention to the date stamp, Seems every time i put new batteries in it goes back to original dates.  left last wednesday, just got back

Monte
Big cats are faster

Montek

Well, I can't seem to unwind and settle down so I just as well get this started.  

I hooked up with a couple guys to ride Barranca de Cobre - thats in Mexico and we would call it Copper Canyon.  First off, do not listen to others about how unsafe it is in mexico.  I live in Arizona, and have felt a lot less safe in parts of Phoenix than I ever did in Mexico.  If you really want scary, visit Nogalas on the american side after dark :shock: .  Enough of that.  

It was a bit hard to know what to pack, so I packed it all, and glad i did!  I needed warm clothes and hotter than fresh crap clothes.  35 degrees far. to 112 degrees far.  Also included the usual repair equipment - tools, tire tubes, duct tape, tie wire, tire pump.  Also had to take all camping gear incase we were caught in the dark before reaching a destination with accomodations.  Never ever ride past dark in mexico, you will hit one of these

and one of those will win the battle of rapid deceleration

This is the cat getting packed up

Big cats are faster

Montek

So packed up, I leave my home at 8,000 feet elevation up in the white mountains of arizona and head down to the mecca they call the valley - commonly referred to as the Phoenix area.  I keep a camper in the valley during the winter to escape the cold and snow we get up top.  The camper would be the meet up place.

As I had never ridden with Dan, I suggested a good shake down ride the day before John would arrive.  I had a short 50 mile dirt route that looped back around to black top for an easy ride back to the camper in the afternoon heat.  Dan was due to arrive around 9:00 a.m. for a meet-n-greet.

Dans mount is a very well set up BMW f800 gs - very capable bikes, but still likey my tiger.
Big cats are faster

GatorTiger

Quote from: "Montek"don't post much, but thought you all might like this.

Indeed we do!!!! Just keep on posting!!!!  :headbang

Cheers,
HG
Triumph Tiger - The ultimate riding machine! \";-)\"

Know this:  A clean Tiger is a dirty shame!!

John Stenhouse

Black 885i Tiger UK based
Orange 955i Tiger Canadian based
Norton 961S never got it, tired of waiting

Montek

Sorry, i did get a little sleepy last night!  AND, reality sucks-had a hard time dealing with employment this morning.  Why can't we just ride our bikes, complete ride reports, eat like kings and drink like fish.  More coming, but have to pay for next trip!  start again this afternoon/evening

monte
Big cats are faster

KuzzinKenny

:new_popcornsmiley  

ride report and pics are lookin grrreat so far  :thumbsup

KK
In Scotland, there`s no such thing as bad weather - only the wrong clothes !! Billy Connolly

Rocinante

Keep it coming.

It´s been ten plus years since we dove into Barranca de Cobre with Rocinante, and started a series of flats that we blamed on a bad spell in Creel...

If you have the patience, it´s on the second paragraph:
http://rocinantestravels.com/pan-am/part11/part11.htm

I´d love to go back.
www.dagjen.no
Once upon a time through North and South America:
www.rocinantestravels.com

Montek

With Moodyblues(dan) showing up, I suggested a shakedown run to get to know each other, and the riding skill level we have.  

I had a route that left out of northwest Phoenix area around lake pleasant and runs up to wickenburg.  Bout 50 miles of dirt, gravel(riverbottom), and very hard dirt with little pebbles that feel like ball bearings.  We ran well together!!!!   Stoped in wick. for burritos and beers, the headed down the asphalt to the camper for more beers.

Dan and I we aquainting ourselves with our past ancestral clan

Clan Inebiated

The above sticker was a free pass to most everything mexico - i did have the other sticker, more important sticker, for the real prestigeous events and areas - it will be revealled at the point of the rr when we needed it.

Dan and I are doing our best to eliminate cold beverages that may end up in a minors possesion - civic minded we are - and guess who shows up, yep, the third member, jonnydarock.

Big cats are faster