News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

It's the Journey, without a destination!

Started by yetiman, May 20, 2012, 01:29:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

yetiman

Hello all. I am fairly new to the forum, but already love it! A great many of you have already helped me have a great experience with "Babe" my Tiger.

Well to make a long story short I turn forty here in a few days and my lovely wife has given me the adventure of a lifetime for my fortieth birthday.
Two weeks, yes two weeks to ride the country and see what I can see.  :qgreenjumpers

The planning for the trip started last summer, the first order of business was to assemble a good group of hoodlums to go along. I put a call out to my Lil brother "The Tim" in Chicago, at the time of my call he had never even ridden a bike!
 My brother in law "Chewy", in Arkansas, was in on the planning so he's a given. He is also the most experienced rider of the bunch.
Then my buddy "Mond-O" over in Tennessee got his phone call. He had to work some things out so he was the last one able to commit to the trip.

So here we are getting ready to leave sunday May 27, and there really is no plan whatsoever.  :lol:  The only thing established is I need to be within a 2-3 hour ride of Chicago by the evening of the 31st (my birthday) to meet my brother.

What I know for sure is I am cruising from Texas to Arkansas on the 27th to meet up with my brother in law, Mond-O is blasting in form Tennessee on the same day.
From there we just play it by ear, see which way the winds blowing!

We have a blog going for those who might be interested in more of the story!

moronsmototour.com

I will keep you posted on the adventure, If you have any must see things I should keep in mind in the North Central part of the US let me know I might go there.

Cheers  :5moped

John Stenhouse

Enjoy brother and ride safe.
Black 885i Tiger UK based
Orange 955i Tiger Canadian based
Norton 961S never got it, tired of waiting

yetiman

Thanks man I plan on it!