News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

Run to Nendrum Monastic Site

Started by Moorso, May 28, 2012, 02:45:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Moorso

I took the opportunity with the good weather to head down the coast to a old monastic site - getting there involves many gorgeous twisty roads, and the views are spectacular. I have taken a video too with the mini video camera which is currently uploading onto YouTube - I will also upload the link for this.

On another note, the bike sailed through it's MOT this morning. The inspector commenting that "you don't see many big Triumphs mate....she's gorgeous". Yes sir....yes she is indeed!!
Author of 'Valhalla and the Fjord'
Currently editing my second book: 'Hibernia - Journals from a Motorcycle'

Columnist for Motorcycle Explorer Magazine and Ulster Grand Prix

Even as a grown man, I still don't know what I want to do - trying to become Ted Simon!!

2013 Triumph Explorer

Moorso

Even as a grown man, I still don't know what I want to do - trying to become Ted Simon!!

2013 Triumph Explorer

PeteH

Great little run and the views at the end make it all worth while :)
Tiger 1200 XRt in red, the best colour

John Stenhouse

After that taster I must get the Tigger to Ireland!
Black 885i Tiger UK based
Orange 955i Tiger Canadian based
Norton 961S never got it, tired of waiting

Moorso

Thanks guys  :D
Have to say, if you know where to go, Ireland has some awesome rides!! Just the country roads to the beauty spots....I could do it all day....if only someone would pay me to do it!  :roll:

2013 Triumph Explorer

Sin_Tiger

Just experienced the ruin round the NE coast to the Giants Causeway, got a bit wet on the way back to Larne, sitting in the ferry terminal drying out now.
I used to have long hair, took acid and went to hip joints. Now I long for hair, take antacid and need a new hip joint

Groucho

Quote from: "Moorso"Thanks guys  :D
Have to say, if you know where to go, Ireland has some awesome rides!! Just the country roads to the beauty spots....I could do it all day....if only someone would pay me to do it!  :roll:

Yes! That's what I'm saying since 2005 when I rode around the beautiful south of Ireland. Time for a comeback... 8)
"Time flies like an arrow. Fruit flies like a banana." Groucho Marx

Geoff W

We had a fantastic trip around the North, Donegal and the border area a couple of weeks ago, en route to the North West 200. Scenery and roads similar to Scotland. And such good people as one could hope to meet anywhere. My favourite sign, apart from the road sign directing us down a river bed, was on the side of a large building, " Gilmartin's Bar and Funeral Directors". Only in Ireland!
It\'s ok , this will only take 5 minutes.
96 Pimento Red Steamer.

mat-tiger1

Quote from: "Groucho"
Quote from: "Moorso"Thanks guys  :D

Yes! That's what I'm saying since 2005 when I rode around the beautiful south of Ireland. Time for a comeback... 8)

Maybe a possible venue for next year's annual get together  :?:  :D
All the best, Mat-tiger1. 👍
2021 Tiger 900 RP & 1982 Yamaha XT550 (For old times sake) Bike history:- 2018 Tiger 800 XCA Korosi Red. 2015 Tiger 800 XCX Caspian Blue, 2005 Tiger 955i Lucifer Orange.

Groucho

The plans for next year are not yet built... :wink:
"Time flies like an arrow. Fruit flies like a banana." Groucho Marx

Moorso

I would, therefore, like to put the Emerald Isle forward for a meet-up! But it is so weather dependent here - that's the problem!

2013 Triumph Explorer