News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

Tune ECU instructions please!

Started by griffon62, April 23, 2015, 11:43:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

griffon62

Hi all
I have fitted a new end can and K&N air filter to my 885i and have installed Tune ECU onto my laptop hoping to upload the Triumph 10126 TOR map. Thing is I cant seem to find complete step by step instructions to do everything that may need doing on the tune ecu interface. What is IACV and do I need to touch it and what is F trim and do I need to reset the TPS after uploading the new map?? :icon_scratch:
Any help would be gratefully received,
Thanks.

Bixxer Bob

I understand your frustration; just leave the stuff you don't yet know about alone.  Follow the instructions TO THE LETTER for uploading a tune and you'll be fine; important points are fully charged battery and lights off.  If you don't have a switch pull the fuse.

The other stuff will come in time,  lots of time.  You really have to read and re-read and re-read this stuff before it starts to make sense, but there's no alternative.  If you start messing with things you don't know about it'll never end well.

All the info is on the Tune ECU website, it just takes a bit of finding sometimes.  Good luck  :thumbsup
I don't want to achieve immortality through prayer, I want to achieve it through not dying...

griffon62

Thanks for the reply.
I have now uploaded the new 10126 map and reset the TPS but I seem to have developed huge flat spots in the higher gears and ridiculous  amounts of popping on the roll off. Apart from that its going well :icon_confused:

Bixxer Bob

I wouldn't have reset the TPS unless it was showing incorrect values ie not zero on a closed throttle.  It won't read 100% fully open ever.  73% is about normal.

Keep away from the custom maps unless you know exactly why they have been configured the way they are.

Standard maps are :

10120 standard can pre vin
10121 TOR can pre vin
10172 standard can post vin
10173 TOR can post vin

The reason I put the "follow the instructions" note was that the trims don't get reset if you don't.   It sounds as though you have a setting mismatch.  Put in the correct map for your bike, do either the 12 minute tune or the adaptation process depending on which version you have (rough rule of thumb, if you have an o2 sensor in the exhaust, you need map 10173 and adaptation)and  then ride it.  20-30 miles at least.

Sorry if that sounds curt, I'm pressed for time....
I don't want to achieve immortality through prayer, I want to achieve it through not dying...

neilo

I had a Tiger 1050 and let Mark at BSD Peterborough build a map for it using Tune ECU. I wasn't happy just loading maps in a hoping for the best and Mark is very knowledgeable and price competitive. Might be worth a phone call
http://bsd.uk.com/triumph-tiger-1050-ecu-remap/

Bixxer Bob

Mark mapped my Blackbird some years ago using a Power Commander (no use on a Girly....)  and did a superb job.

neilo

Just had a quick look on Tune ECU website and copied this from there compatibility info :
Triumph Tiger  800/800XC, 885 (900), 955, 1050 & Tiger Sport (including models 2014)

I loaded the software on Marks computer which he used and still does to map stock ECU's. I'm pretty sure he can do the Girly but please correct me if I'm wrong.

Bixxer Bob

TuneECU will allow Mark to do everything he needs to once he familiarises himself with it.  If you have him do your 955i, let me know because I might take him mine  :icon_lol:

neilo

Mark has been using it for about 3 years now  :thumbsup