News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

Rough Landing Report

Started by Sin_Tiger, May 29, 2012, 06:08:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sin_Tiger

Got in on Sat afternoon, not off to a good start as the bagasse handlers managed to put a serious dent in one of my Trax boxes, I didn't manage that even dropping the bike on to it. Then I get home and notice the other one is dented on the underside and the Arrow's can in my soft case has dents in it too. :evil:

After a few hours of being polite and husband like I couldn't stand it any longer and went out to the garage. Everything looking good, fires up first kick, brakes good, time to go for a quick run, just to put some fresh petrol through her dear  :wink:

Running good and starting to get the feel of the Roadie again, then sombre Muppet in a BMW X5 comes straight through a red light at me, thank God the Roadie can be flicked.

Fresh juice and I decide to take the country road back. Tootling round a nice bend I come across a brace of young grouse. One decides to take off across the road a they usually do which I'm prepared for. The second one decides that's much too obvious and does a sharp right hander straight at me. Wallop, smacks straight into my left shoulder and arm.

Reflexes must have kicked in as I managed to duck (no pun intended) to the right and let go of the left side of the bars. Jeez those things are solid, closest I can compare it to was being hit by a cricket ball at full tilt. Managing to stay upright till I could stop was a blessing but I was really p'd off to find the grouse had survived a well and was nowhere to be seen. He's for the put if I catch up with him   :wink:

Not the best of starts to my leave  :roll:
I used to have long hair, took acid and went to hip joints. Now I long for hair, take antacid and need a new hip joint

Nick Calne

I guess it's a classic 'duck or grouse' story... But i prefer a different kind of game bird when i fancy a ride.

Etc

Welcome back.
Is it really an adventure bike if its wheels never see dirt?