News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

Started by NZDeano, June 19, 2012, 05:57:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Chris Canning

Quote from: "metalguru"Hi AK Tiger

It makes for interesting reading if you google ISO 5011.
Most of the sites come to the same conclusion, this one is particularly interesting (excuse the pun)!
http://www.r2cperformance.com/products/ ... sting.aspx

Not trying to change any opinions held as the choice of filter is down to the owner and some have good results and others don't, just makes for interesting reading to evaluate the next filter change. As it happens I used to sell aftermarket filters and fitted them at the customers request, so no real axe to grind.

The original test was by Spicer for the GM Duramax Diesel engine and the full account can be read here

http://moto.lexp.net/wiki/ISO_5011_Dura ... est_Report

I wouldn't doubt those figures for a second,the punch line is what the test was done on,with modern day diesel trucks and vans with 300/400,000 miles are the norm(i've got one) and in that instance over that milege would have an effect.

So who's got a Tiger with 300,000 miles on then!!,it's ok putting out the facts and figures but it has to be relative,I'd suggest most Tiger motors will have gone pop with other problems way before the extra shit they ingressed had any effect.

Ironhorse

I just rode for 6 days in dusty conditions, Hells Canyon in NE Oregon. I pulled the K/N when I got home and cleaned and found no fine dust past the filter.

Mustang

and just like oil and tires use whatever the hell you want it's your bike after all .

and lets not forget chain lube and oilers either................

metalguru

Thought it was done on 'ISO 5011 testing using one of Testand's industrial Filter Test Machines'.

Bring on the Scotoilers............... :ImaPoser
2013 Explorer
2006 Rocket 3
2004 Tiger Lucifer Orange
2001 Adventurer. (Like new).
1993 DR200
1977 Kawa Z1000A1 (Had from new)
1972 BSA A65L
1960 Norman Nippy
1952 Royal Enfield Ensign MK1
2 Crossers
I may as well do it, as I'm gonna get blamed for it anyway.