News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

changed battery...engine light on??

Started by Alan Spears, June 25, 2012, 11:49:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Alan Spears

I changed the battery on my 02 and now the engine light stays on. Any suggestions?

malc

If you  tried starting it with the old battery it is more than likely a low starter relay fault as thats what showed up when my battery failed last week & put the new 1 on I just re set it with tune ecu & away it went no further problem
its grrreaaattttttttt

Alan Spears

new to tiger what is  tune ecu ?

Mustang

it'll go off by itself after a few heat cycles .

just ride it as normal you will see it go off after a few rides :D  :D

oxnsox

+1 for Mustang.
Simply swapping out the battery will generate a 'Fault' condition (engine light on), and if there's no persistent fault it'll disappear after the 3 cycles.

But from your other thread looks like you've also got a fault in the charging system.
¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬
  If it ain't Farkled...  don't fix it....
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Alan Spears

what determines a "cycle"

Mustang

ride it for 10 , 20 minutes ........3 times

but if your charging is screwed up the light may not go out ,
starting to smell like you have the typical Girly bike charging syndrome .

Magic 8 Ball says ,"Stator / and regulator / rectifier is probably in your immediate future ."

if the light doesn,t go out after three rides you are going to need tune ecu or a OBDII code reader to find out what code is throwing the light on .

and if electrickery is over your head it's time to start getting friendly with a local dealer that knows what they are doing

Spud

Yep mines having the ecu looked at tomorrow cheers Spud  :wink:

Alan Spears

pulled the stator, it had two burned areas