Author Topic: awsome sidecar tiger build  (Read 9229 times)

July 10, 2012, 03:49:57 PM on

Offline treewright (OP)

• Tiger Cub
  • Activity Meter:
    0%
    • http://greenwoodfutures.co.uk
found this while scouting for sidecar details (missus fancies a bike/hearse- don't ask!)
http://tripodtiger.smugmug.com/Motorcyc ... ecar-build
1983 landrover 110 3.5 turbo diesel,yamaha xt600 tenere 1987,triumph tiger 885 carb 94,95?

July 10, 2012, 07:18:00 PMReply #1 on

Offline chairhead

• Leopard
  • Activity Meter:
    0%
Hes had that done a while now,its the second incarnation,a good friend of his built the chair from scratch,it is nice but ive seen better :lol:  :roll:  :wink:
03 Girly Roulette Green with a Hedingham ETH
TOR can
Wilbers shock & wasp L/L forks
Taylormade Billet wheel

July 14, 2012, 02:34:21 AMReply #2 on

Offline Sin_Tiger

• I have the POWER !
  • Cool Cats
  • Chatty Cathy
  • Activity Meter:
    0%
  • Max the Moderator
Interesting. My missus it's making similar noises, time to consider what to do with Steamer 2  :roll:

I actually saw a Thunderbird / hearse combo at the Scottish Classics show in Ayr a few Weeks ago, guy actually has a funeral directors business and uses it for bikers send offs  8)
I used to have long hair, took acid and went to hip joints. Now I long for hair, take antacid and need a new hip joint

July 14, 2012, 05:11:57 AMReply #3 on

Offline chairhead

• Leopard
  • Activity Meter:
    0%
Quote from: "Sin_Tiger"
My missus it's making similar noises, time to consider what to do with Steamer 2  :roll:

I think this is better looking than mine......................not much though,got "Steamer 2" written all over it :lol:  8)
TOR can
Taylormade Billet wheel

July 14, 2012, 06:43:41 AMReply #4 on

Offline Sin_Tiger

• I have the POWER !
  • Cool Cats
  • Chatty Cathy
  • Activity Meter:
    0%
  • Max the Moderator
Oh yes 8)  slightly agricultural seating might not be to her liking but I like the overall look of that. I may well be seeking your advice in the near future.
I used to have long hair, took acid and went to hip joints. Now I long for hair, take antacid and need a new hip joint

July 15, 2012, 01:33:00 AMReply #5 on

Offline Sin_Tiger

• I have the POWER !
  • Cool Cats
  • Chatty Cathy
  • Activity Meter:
    0%
  • Max the Moderator
Now look what you've done  :roll:

I showed her that picture and to my surprise the reaction was  ” that's great”, you'd ride in that  :shock:  ” oh yes”

Then I took a look on the Hedingham website and found this image of a blue Steamer and I am now in the pooh, what have you started   :lol:

http://www.hedinghamsidecars.com/Sidecars-Picture-Gallery.php

July 16, 2012, 05:06:25 PMReply #6 on

Offline theclowncrusty

• Tomcat
  • Activity Meter:
    0%
Link not working Sin?  :(

July 16, 2012, 10:42:34 PMReply #7 on

Offline Sin_Tiger

• I have the POWER !
  • Cool Cats
  • Chatty Cathy
  • Activity Meter:
    0%
  • Max the Moderator
Try that

July 17, 2012, 05:25:40 AMReply #8 on

Offline chairhead

• Leopard
  • Activity Meter:
    0%
Quote from: "Sin_Tiger"
Now look what you've done  :roll:

what have you started   :lol:

He he he he :twisted:  :twisted:

any Q's Sin,fire away :wink:
TOR can
Taylormade Billet wheel

July 17, 2012, 12:52:11 PMReply #9 on

Offline Sin_Tiger

• I have the POWER !
  • Cool Cats
  • Chatty Cathy
  • Activity Meter:
    0%
  • Max the Moderator
Already made contract with Hedingham and the owners club  :D  also had a look at the  Charnwood Royal, nice but big, pricey and no longer in production, the Triptec looks good typo but I think she'd want some weather protection.

So the Gem is looking like the one, even if it looks slightly dated, it'll not look out of place on a Steamer. In fact I see a blue Steamer in the gallery but a very small picture, don't happen to know the owner do you?

July 17, 2012, 07:09:31 PMReply #10 on

Offline chairhead

• Leopard
  • Activity Meter:
    0%
The Charnwood royal is a huge chair and probably not suited for the Tiger,
if it were me and had the money id go for something like this

http://www.ezs-sidecar.com/en/sidecars/rx/rx4

Squire do the same chair and will be cheaper than EZS,the Munro is a fantastic chair with easy access as its a top loader,but again pricey,the GB agent for EZS is guy called Len Tempest,im sure you can find his details somewhere,the Federation of sidecars website is a good place to ask about the guy who owns the blue steamer,i dont know who owns it sorry.
TOR can
Taylormade Billet wheel

July 18, 2012, 01:14:51 AMReply #11 on

Offline Sin_Tiger

• I have the POWER !
  • Cool Cats
  • Chatty Cathy
  • Activity Meter:
    0%
  • Max the Moderator
Now I'm in a quandary. I spotted the EZS connection but my intention was to buy a UK made rig. The RX4 is smart looking set up but I didn't think we needed more than a single seater, certainly not for a noob. It seems that all the flip up rigs are on the larger side though.

Is the difference in the width noticeable with the dynamics?

I spotted Len's name when I was researching training, I might just drop him a line.

Decisions decisions  :roll:

July 18, 2012, 06:18:27 AMReply #12 on

Offline chairhead

• Leopard
  • Activity Meter:
    0%
Dont be fooled by the size of the RX4,
it was just right for my then wife who is 5 ft 6 ins and a size 10,
i think the chair is described as a child/adult but only comfortable for a "normal" sized person,

as for aerodynamics......................... :roll: you wont be to concerned with those  :wink:
TOR can
Taylormade Billet wheel

July 18, 2012, 07:55:15 AMReply #13 on

Offline Sin_Tiger

• I have the POWER !
  • Cool Cats
  • Chatty Cathy
  • Activity Meter:
    0%
  • Max the Moderator
No substitute for going and sitting in out then  :o

I was actually meaning the steering weight / cornering. I know what you mean about the aerodynamics though, a brick is a brick no matter how you polish the corners, bit like calling a classic Rangie an aerodynamic Defender  :roll:

I'll on my email as I might just be overstaying my welcome with this hijack.

November 05, 2013, 11:41:22 PMReply #14 on

Offline Tripodtiger

• Felis Domesticus
  • Activity Meter:
    0%
Hes had that done a while now,its the second incarnation,a good friend of his built the chair from scratch,it is nice but ive seen better <!-- s:lol: -->:lol:<!-- s:lol: -->  <!-- s:roll: -->:roll:<!-- s:roll: -->  <!-- s:wink: -->:wink:<!-- s:wink: -->

G'day Chairhead.  Amongst the multitude of forums that occupy my time, this one had slipped my memory.  That's happening more & more these days.
I own the Tiger Trek, built in Adelaide by Leigh (who reminded me of this forum & has been lurking :icon_salut:).  It took 2 years to build& it went on the road in Feb 2010.  It's been very good to ride.
I must correct you, the only one that may be better than mine :love10   :augie is the one he is doing at the moment.  'Trek Too' on a '94 Steamer.

Not fussed with yours, so there! :pottytrain2

:icon_lol:

Seriously now, we are in a very exclusive club. 
I'm working through some videos that Leigh & I made during a 10 day trip we did during September.  Going up on my Youtube channel 'tripodtiger'.
And I'm going through the repairs needed since that trip.  I broke a few things on some fairly rough track that I had to hit fairly hard to get through.  And vibrations etc get to them.
You know how it is.
 :thumbsup

And how do I change my forum id here to match the others I have?
cheers
rayb
'73 RD250, '80 XS11, '81 RD350LC,
'96 Steamer - 'Tiger Trek' outfit.
'02 Girly - 'Envy'
"Faster Daddy, Faster!" (aged 7?)