News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

awsome sidecar tiger build

Started by treewright, July 10, 2012, 05:49:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

treewright

found this while scouting for sidecar details (missus fancies a bike/hearse- don't ask!)
http://tripodtiger.smugmug.com/Motorcyc ... ecar-build
1983 landrover 110 3.5 turbo diesel,yamaha xt600 tenere 1987,triumph tiger 885 carb 94,95?

chairhead

Hes had that done a while now,its the second incarnation,a good friend of his built the chair from scratch,it is nice but ive seen better :lol:  :roll:  :wink:
03 Girly Roulette Green with a Hedingham ETH
TOR can
Wilbers shock & wasp L/L forks
Taylormade Billet wheel

Sin_Tiger

Interesting. My missus it's making similar noises, time to consider what to do with Steamer 2  :roll:

I actually saw a Thunderbird / hearse combo at the Scottish Classics show in Ayr a few Weeks ago, guy actually has a funeral directors business and uses it for bikers send offs  8)
I used to have long hair, took acid and went to hip joints. Now I long for hair, take antacid and need a new hip joint

chairhead

Quote from: "Sin_Tiger"My missus it's making similar noises, time to consider what to do with Steamer 2  :roll:

I think this is better looking than mine......................not much though,got "Steamer 2" written all over it :lol:  8)
TOR can
Taylormade Billet wheel

Sin_Tiger

Oh yes 8)  slightly agricultural seating might not be to her liking but I like the overall look of that. I may well be seeking your advice in the near future.
I used to have long hair, took acid and went to hip joints. Now I long for hair, take antacid and need a new hip joint

Sin_Tiger

Now look what you've done  :roll:

I showed her that picture and to my surprise the reaction was  " that's great", you'd ride in that  :shock:  " oh yes"

Then I took a look on the Hedingham website and found this image of a blue Steamer and I am now in the pooh, what have you started   :lol:

http://www.hedinghamsidecars.com/Sidecars-Picture-Gallery.php

theclowncrusty

Link not working Sin?  :(

Sin_Tiger

chairhead

Quote from: "Sin_Tiger"Now look what you've done  :roll:

what have you started   :lol:

He he he he :twisted:  :twisted:

any Q's Sin,fire away :wink:
TOR can
Taylormade Billet wheel

Sin_Tiger

Already made contract with Hedingham and the owners club  :D  also had a look at the  Charnwood Royal, nice but big, pricey and no longer in production, the Triptec looks good typo but I think she'd want some weather protection.

So the Gem is looking like the one, even if it looks slightly dated, it'll not look out of place on a Steamer. In fact I see a blue Steamer in the gallery but a very small picture, don't happen to know the owner do you?

chairhead

The Charnwood royal is a huge chair and probably not suited for the Tiger,
if it were me and had the money id go for something like this

http://www.ezs-sidecar.com/en/sidecars/rx/rx4

Squire do the same chair and will be cheaper than EZS,the Munro is a fantastic chair with easy access as its a top loader,but again pricey,the GB agent for EZS is guy called Len Tempest,im sure you can find his details somewhere,the Federation of sidecars website is a good place to ask about the guy who owns the blue steamer,i dont know who owns it sorry.
TOR can
Taylormade Billet wheel

Sin_Tiger

Now I'm in a quandary. I spotted the EZS connection but my intention was to buy a UK made rig. The RX4 is smart looking set up but I didn't think we needed more than a single seater, certainly not for a noob. It seems that all the flip up rigs are on the larger side though.

Is the difference in the width noticeable with the dynamics?

I spotted Len's name when I was researching training, I might just drop him a line.

Decisions decisions  :roll:

chairhead

Dont be fooled by the size of the RX4,
it was just right for my then wife who is 5 ft 6 ins and a size 10,
i think the chair is described as a child/adult but only comfortable for a "normal" sized person,

as for aerodynamics......................... :roll: you wont be to concerned with those  :wink:
TOR can
Taylormade Billet wheel

Sin_Tiger

No substitute for going and sitting in out then  :o

I was actually meaning the steering weight / cornering. I know what you mean about the aerodynamics though, a brick is a brick no matter how you polish the corners, bit like calling a classic Rangie an aerodynamic Defender  :roll:

I'll on my email as I might just be overstaying my welcome with this hijack.

Tripodtiger

Quote from: chairhead on July 10, 2012, 09:18:00 PM
Hes had that done a while now,its the second incarnation,a good friend of his built the chair from scratch,it is nice but ive seen better <!-- s:lol: -->:lol:<!-- s:lol: -->  <!-- s:roll: -->:roll:<!-- s:roll: -->  <!-- s:wink: -->:wink:<!-- s:wink: -->

G'day Chairhead.  Amongst the multitude of forums that occupy my time, this one had slipped my memory.  That's happening more & more these days.
I own the Tiger Trek, built in Adelaide by Leigh (who reminded me of this forum & has been lurking :icon_salut:).  It took 2 years to build& it went on the road in Feb 2010.  It's been very good to ride.
I must correct you, the only one that may be better than mine :love10   :augie is the one he is doing at the moment.  'Trek Too' on a '94 Steamer.

Not fussed with yours, so there! :pottytrain2

:icon_lol:

Seriously now, we are in a very exclusive club. 
I'm working through some videos that Leigh & I made during a 10 day trip we did during September.  Going up on my Youtube channel 'tripodtiger'.
And I'm going through the repairs needed since that trip.  I broke a few things on some fairly rough track that I had to hit fairly hard to get through.  And vibrations etc get to them.
You know how it is.
:thumbsup

And how do I change my forum id here to match the others I have?
cheers
rayb
'73 RD250, '80 XS11, '81 RD350LC,
'96 Steamer - 'Tiger Trek' outfit.
'02 Girly - 'Envy'
"Faster Daddy, Faster!" (aged 7?)