News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

Hunting with Bubbles

Started by nadahonda, July 22, 2012, 06:34:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

nadahonda

Our prey: Roads.

We are not to picky, but we do seek out new and interesting specimens around the amazing riding country we live in - the Columbia River Gorge of the Pacific Northwest.

I have covered a lot of roads on my CX over the past couple of years - posting up several reports, and while I have been riding those same roads on the Tiger, the urge to stop and take photo's has been almost nil for some reason....
Well, on yesterdays ride, I forced myself to stop and take pictures - it was actually quite difficult, but by the end, the passion for snapping moto-pics of my day trips had found me again, and I was having to force myself to keep riding!

Without further ado.....

Meet Bubbles the Tiger:

She is a great hunting partner. Much more capable then the CX.

We were going after this route - a 300 mile beast, most of which we had not been on before:

The first stop, and I really had to force myself to, the roads were spectacular....

Little town of Condon - in the middle of nowhere......

A super green (for the area) and quaint park I stopped at, after being caught in a torrential cloudburst, luckily the day had started chilly and I had put the liner in my jacket and donned my rain gloves, everything was soaked, but I was dry.

After point "B" on the map, the landscape started looking like this:

I decided to take a 6 mile detour to see the Oregon Fossil Bed Monument and Oregon's Painted Hills....All I can say is wow....just an amazing place

nearing home, the tip of Mt. Hood just visible in the distance

What an incredible day that was...Good Hunting Bubbles!! :thumbsup

"Ride the Tiger. You can see his stripes, but you know he\'s clean"
-Ronnie James Dio -R.I.P-
\\m/(o.o)\\m/
2000 Tiger 885i
1978 Honda CX500

Sin_Tiger

:shock:  Wow indeed, fantastic colours.

Thanks for stopping, I know the urge to keep on for that next bend is hard to resist.
I used to have long hair, took acid and went to hip joints. Now I long for hair, take antacid and need a new hip joint

Spud

very nice indeed cheers Spud  :wink:

Groucho

Wow! Great landscape. :D
Nice ride. 8)
"Time flies like an arrow. Fruit flies like a banana." Groucho Marx

Nick Calne

That is amazing landscape. Good ride report!
Is it really an adventure bike if its wheels never see dirt?

Broon

That's some beautiful landscapes! That must be a delight to drive amoungst!

Excellent photos!  :notworthy  :thumbsup

John Stenhouse

Black 885i Tiger UK based
Orange 955i Tiger Canadian based
Norton 961S never got it, tired of waiting

Chris Canning

Quote from: John Stenhouse on September 13, 2012, 10:42:27 PM
Awesome photos, more please

+1 Yes please.

When you relate to Europe looks both interesting and strange!!

nadahonda

Quote from: Chris Canning on September 14, 2012, 01:04:11 PM
Quote from: John Stenhouse on September 13, 2012, 10:42:27 PM
Awesome photos, more please

+1 Yes please.

When you relate to Europe looks both interesting and strange!!

Hey all....I meant to keep posting up rides, but this year kinda got out of hand, as far as employment/paying the bills.....I will try to get out a couple more times this year and I promise to take and post up plenty of photos....

If you are interested, here are a couple of links to all the pictures I took whilst riding the old CX500 around the area over the last couple of years...

http://advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=622137&highlight=gorge

http://advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=699528&highlight=gorge

Enjoy, and I will post up here soon....

-nh

\\m/(o.o)\\m/
2000 Tiger 885i
1978 Honda CX500

rybes

those are some nice pics of the mountains. bet thats great to ride too  :thumbsup
reiberman reiberman rides his tiger as hard as he can (sung to spiderman tune)

nadahonda

:wave

Hello and a happy 2013 to all! I got out for the first ride of the year yesterday and I managed to take and actually use my old Kodak. I am going to try and do better this year, as far as taking pictures as I ride around the area.

Not much to this ride, it was tolerably chilly and I did not have the memory card in the camera and really I just wanted to get Bubbles up and running from her winters sleep.

part of the Rowena Loops - a neat little stretch of very historical road,  less then 10 miles from my house. VERY fun to ride when swept of gravel..
http://blog.oregonlive.com/terryrichard/2012/03/dont_go_for_a_loop_looking_at.html

looking up the Columbia, that's Washington state on the other side

Like I said, not much to the ride today, but I will be posting up again soon....

-nada

\\m/(o.o)\\m/
2000 Tiger 885i
1978 Honda CX500

nadahonda

I managed to make it out again this weekend, the day was mostly sunny, but the temps were still a little chilly...

Ready to go!

This is the little loop I took:

My town, located on the northern edge of Oregon - on the banks of the mighty Columbia River

There was a Dam constructed here in the 1950's - it is "L" shaped, and the resulting lake (Celilo) now covers one of the wonders of the world - Celilo Falls.

This is one of my favorite local roads - 15 Mile - it just follows the creek as it winds through this quiet valley

Fairbanks Oregon: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fairbanks,_Oregon

This monument is located next to the schoolhouse

A bit of the vale that Fairbanks lies in

I saw virtually no traffic on this little ride, rarely do  :thumbsup. I did run across 1 wild turkey, several raptors and this strange herd:

Mt. Hood

One of the more "famous" decrepit buildings that dot the area

Again, the pics got cut short, ran out of juice this time....

Great little ride, can't wait for warmer weather so I can start getting some longer trips in.

Have a great Monday everyone!!

-nada

\\m/(o.o)\\m/
2000 Tiger 885i
1978 Honda CX500

rf9rider

The old Kodak is working well.

Excellent pics.  :thumbsup

nadahonda

Thanks r f 9!

The camera is not that old - it's digital, just not quite up to speed with modern digital cameras. It does not even have image stabilization, which gets on my nerves from time to time but I do like the grainy-ness the low megapixel count lends to the photos...

Forecast is for rain this weekend, but the Gorge has very unpredictable weather so I am hoping to get at least one ride in...probably will even if it is raining - I'll post up again soon..... :XXcomputer :wave

-nada

p.s. What's the weather like on the other side of the pond??

\\m/(o.o)\\m/
2000 Tiger 885i
1978 Honda CX500

rf9rider

Quote from: nadahonda on February 21, 2013, 11:25:01 PM

p.s. What's the weather like on the other side of the pond??

Cold, with more snow forecast for the next few days.

Had a couple of nice days since christmas, been out on the bike a couple of times.