News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

5 countries tour

Started by chinchliffe, July 25, 2012, 10:45:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

chinchliffe

Recently returned from a "5 countries tour". Rode up through England to stay at the Isle of Whithorn, Scotland, onto the ferry to Belfast. Stayed at Ballintoy, Northern Ireland after visiting the Giants Causeway. Following day rode to Derry/Londonderry, then on to stay at Westport. Unfortunatley the Triumph Sprint I was travelling with packed up with the dreaded R/R failure (its not just Tigers!). We had to get his bike trailered to the only Triumph dealer in Ireland in Dublin. Thanks to Carole Nash breakdown insurance who did a great job. He continued the journey on the back of my bike, before picking up a courtesy car the next morning. Next day I rode down the West Coast and we stayed at CastleGregory. I was looking forward to the following day as I rode the Ring of Kerry. It didn't dissapoint and is one of the best roads I have ridden. Stayed that night in Cobh, Co.Cork. Penultimate day and I rode to Laragh in the Wicklow mountains via Waterford on the south coast. My freind had now picked his bike up from the dealers so we rode the long way into Dublin, onto the ferry and home.
England, Scotland, Northern Ireland, Southern Ireland and Wales.
Unfortunatley it rained most of the time, but the people and places were fantastic with some superb riding and scenery. Highly reccommended.

Spud

Image 69 you charging your GPS there or is it wired like that all the time ? cheers Spud  :wink:

chinchliffe

Its a TomTom XL which I leave plugged into the power outlet as I ride. Works really well.