News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

New Girly Owner Still Smiling :-)

Started by mvg2, August 22, 2012, 01:43:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

mvg2

I tried.  I swear I did...  I told myself (more importantly my wife!) that I wouldn't consider being serious about buying another bike until my Blackbird sells. No if's, and's, or but's about it. Thanks to my amazing wife I got the go. And...Well.. I came to a new realization...I'm a butt man!  :P

Quick backdrop:  I realistically can only have one bike and since I developed the itch (again) to get back in the dirt/gravel I knew the Blackbird, sadly, would have to go.  After much deliberation I boiled it down the versys (which I have had the great pleasure of previously owning) and the Girly.  After a generous offering of a fellow PA'er to let me ride his Girly I knew the answer! The motor is phenomenal!

Love the bike.  Sure it has its quirks like the notchy trans, windshield, ect..but it really has some character.  Only time will tell if she will be "the one."  Its looking promising!

So I'm looking for crash bars (hepco&becker or touratech) and REALLY want some factory panniers! Then the Tor tune to help smooth out some of the low rpm surging, Tor pipe, airbox mod, tune Ecu, ect.....   :D

deepsouthtiger

Cograts on the fine new ride.
When I purchased my '05 I had three other bikes in the stable, for various socioeconomic reasons, I had to whittle it down to 1.
Still lovin my Tiger and if you can only have 1 its certainly the one to have.  :eusa_clap
The difference between genius and stupidity is genius has its limits

Bixxer Bob

Lokin' like my yard :XXsunsmile  ,Bird is wrong colour tho.....
I don't want to achieve immortality through prayer, I want to achieve it through not dying...

mvg2

Yup, that's where I'm at.  Got to slim the stable.  So I got my bird (wrong color! Ha! there's only one color) and a 73 cb450 I did a frame up on that has got to go as well.  I got some serious brownie points I got to score with the wife (CFO) so I can slip in a Dr 650 in there...  But for now the Tiger has rekindled my love for riding.  So I'm pumped! oh..anyone out there have any bags or crashbars they want to part with ;)