News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

Le-Mans 24 hours

Started by Chris Canning, September 12, 2012, 05:26:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Chris Canning

More a religous pligrimage than a motorcycle race we have been going that long,left the Tiger at home way to easy to travel on !!,had a good run there and back apart from the A34 be blocked north of the M4 on monday night,just what you want at 10.15pm at night and a 100 mile detour!!.

Got the old tank out instead!!

Quality welding e'h!!!!

Bixxer Bob

WTF is going on with that pallet? No, wait.... don't tell me.    Firewood?
I don't want to achieve immortality through prayer, I want to achieve it through not dying...

Chris Canning

Timbox2

Nice one Chris, looks like the weather was a bit better than normal
2016 Tiger Sport

John Stenhouse

Been there! That Tiger (tank)is just outside Vimoutier. I love that road.
Black 885i Tiger UK based
Orange 955i Tiger Canadian based
Norton 961S never got it, tired of waiting

Chris Canning

It's like an old friend that Tiger,I had my first photo taken standing by it in 1973 age 21 on a 750 Kawasaki two stroke triple, and god knows how many times over the years ever since on no end of bikes,the tank hasn't changed too much but sadly I have!!!

And yes it's a good road coming from Gace which is our coffee stop.

John Stenhouse

LOL, we ought to swap photos Chris, we've done the same thing with that old Tank.

Have you ever found the Sherman in the woods to the east of Alencon?

Chris Canning

No I haven't too busy trying to squeeze 170 out of the K on the one junction that we go down on the autoroute to avoid going through Alencon,but if you've got any details we'll certainley go and have a look.

John Stenhouse

I'll find out where it is on the map and post it up. 170! Is that just from Alencon north to south or do you do the bit from Sees?

Chris Canning

Well there by hangs a tale,for many years we went Portsmouth/Le-Havre,P+O bailed out and so did we,and started going Portsmouth/St Malo,boat goes earlier and docks later and just a much better alround crossing.

The problem being the locals at Sees used to put up a marque for the bikers in the layby by the island,by pure chance we stumbled across a cross country route from St Malo to Sees,fast but off the beaten track so managed to avoid the law teboot,BUT!! they stopped it last year and the Bikers Relais as moved to the rear of the services on the Autoroute(Alencon) but you can access it from the back and as the Autoroute is free for bikers that weekend doesn't matter anyway,so we just hop on the motorway for one junction to avoid the town center and then get back on the main road,but with the major clamp down on speeding that the French have had it's pretty tame.

On monday we always go back via Caen

John Stenhouse

Had a look tonight Chris, the Sherman is in the Foret d'Ecouves at the cross roads in the middle.

The cross roads is where the D26 crosses the D226, I think this is it in this link:

http://www.viamichelin.com/web/Cartes-plans?layers=0001&strLocid=3bMDlSRVAxMjc3ODQ2U0VSUkVQMTExMGNORGd1TlRReE56SXhjTUM0d05UTTRPRGM9

Scroll up a bit from there