News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

Is it possible to seal spoked wheels & go tubeless

Started by Frosties, January 07, 2013, 10:18:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sin_Tiger

I seriously considered that a couple of years back. Trouble it's they don't do them in the sizes we need and they don't recommend them for the speeds we do. I emailed them a couple of times asking what the chance of more common ADV sizes becoming available was and never got a reply, guess they had enough market share from competition dirt riders to even consider it.
I used to have long hair, took acid and went to hip joints. Now I long for hair, take antacid and need a new hip joint

JetdocX

The add says they do 18, 19 and 21 inch wheels. 

At what speed do they fail?
From parts unknown.

coachgeo

you could try making these.  These are basically the design of Staun Beadlocks.

http://www.offroadequipment.com.au/product-detail.asp?iProductID=315&iCategoryID=45

Using the bead lock to instead though cover the spoke holes more so than to lock the tires bead  to the rim though this may be wise since the spoke wheels will not have the ridge that a tubeless tire rim will have that helps hold the tire's bead in place when low on air and when first airing up after install.

. High  Quality bicycle inner tube. shop around for those with a valve you can use or modify to put a nut on it

. A strap of webbing with some sort of clasp or velcro (industrial) that would not rub a weak spot in inner tube to be placed beneath it.

. cut hole in webbing to match tube air valve.

. drill second hole in rim to match inner tube valve stem.

. Webbing is to force the inner tube to inflate to a flatter shape. Original intent was this created bulging on sides to better put force on inner bead of tire.  In this case though it is to spread the surface across base of rim to better seal the spoke holes.

below HOW TO install Stuan's will help.
( http://www.4by4connection.com/instinbesy.html )

COACH POSER (Till Tribota Tiger's done & I'm riding it)

Sin_Tiger

This was the last I heard back in June 2009,  no changes to the dimensions in over a year and they didn't respond to my next mail, stool no 17" sadly. I'm pretty sure I read 100kph somewhere but can't seem to see that anymore, perhaps due to the tube type rims.

Thank you for the e-mail & interest!

The current fronts fit a max width 1.6" rim & the rears a max 2.15 width rim.

We will be working on a ON-ROAD version soon & possible have something by the end of this year. Please check back then for an update.

Thanks again & all the best!

I can confirm the XC has the J type rims with the raised bead rib, so tubeless tyres should stay put.

Well the Anakee 2's actually went on, on Sat afternoon, stayed at 3.0bar for 48hrs now so I think it's all systems go next weekend
I used to have long hair, took acid and went to hip joints. Now I long for hair, take antacid and need a new hip joint

Sin_Tiger

Will that's over 500kms one run for 10 mins at 200kph and not any sign of change in the pressures that I can measure.

Next the Thruxton :hat10

threepot

95 Super111
96 Tiger

coachgeo

This plastic Dip stuff just might be the key.  They do sell a primer so it can't peel off as well.

https://www.dipyourcar.com/home.php
COACH POSER (Till Tribota Tiger's done & I'm riding it)

Bixxer Bob

I think I just found the answer to repainting my Blackbird  :hat10
I don't want to achieve immortality through prayer, I want to achieve it through not dying...