News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

Camping trip to Kent

Started by Fross, March 17, 2013, 04:57:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Fross

I've just got home after a great weekend spent camping with the Mayflower Motorcycle Club at the Rose & Crown Stelling Minnis, Kent, there was still lots of snow about. This photo was taken after I arrived in the camp field on Friday. Three of us rode to Dover Castle on the Saturday where the wind was almost gale force.
2005 Tiger plus a few Norton's dating from 1951 to 1972. New winter bike Kawasaki W650.
British Bikes don't leak oil, they mark their territory.

Nick Calne

Is it really an adventure bike if its wheels never see dirt?

Bixxer Bob

Quote from: nickcalne on March 17, 2013, 07:40:43 PM
Nutter!

that's the word I was looking for, but with more emphasis  :hat10
I don't want to achieve immortality through prayer, I want to achieve it through not dying...

Fross

You guys don't know what you're missing, this was my 5th weekend camping so far this year on my bikes.
Only two of the trips had snow but they all included great pubs and plenty of real ale. :occasion14
2005 Tiger plus a few Norton's dating from 1951 to 1972. New winter bike Kawasaki W650.

Bixxer Bob

Quote from: Fross on March 18, 2013, 12:29:40 AM
You guys don't know what you're missing ...... camping

Oh but we do, that's why I own an insulated and centrally heated motorhome; bike goes on the trailer.  I've long since finished my camping apprenticeship  :hat10

Not knocking you though Fross, live your dream    :thumbsup
I don't want to achieve immortality through prayer, I want to achieve it through not dying...

Geoff W

It\'s ok , this will only take 5 minutes.
96 Pimento Red Steamer.

Nick Calne

Yup respect.  You sure Fross isn't supposed to be 'Frost'?
Is it really an adventure bike if its wheels never see dirt?

metalguru

Fair play Frost, used to do the rallies all year round but must admit to Summer(???) only now.
Rose and Crown is a good pub, had many a good party/rally there, just up the road from me too.
Dover castle is always windy, best to disappear down Hellfire corner, don't ask about the tunnels between Dover and Deal though, aparently they don't exist....yeah right!!
2013 Explorer
2006 Rocket 3
2004 Tiger Lucifer Orange
2001 Adventurer. (Like new).
1993 DR200
1977 Kawa Z1000A1 (Had from new)
1972 BSA A65L
1960 Norman Nippy
1952 Royal Enfield Ensign MK1
2 Crossers
I may as well do it, as I'm gonna get blamed for it anyway.

Fross

Quote from: metalguru on March 24, 2013, 03:16:07 AM
Dover castle is always windy, best to disappear down Hellfire corner, don't ask about the tunnels between Dover and Deal though, aparently they don't exist....yeah right!!
I didn't see everything in the Castle grounds because of the cold wind, plus my mates wanted to get going. So I look forward to going back to to explore some more next time I'm in Kent. :thumbsup