News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

Fast Bikes Kuala Lumpur - 2013 Models Launch Event

Started by Sin_Tiger, April 07, 2013, 04:16:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sin_Tiger

Short weekend ride to support the local dealer, the only one so far in the whole of Malaysia.

4 x 800's including my XC, one McQueen Bonnie and one Thruxton in our small group from Singapore. Nothing worth showing as far as scenery, all highway riding and damned hot. One of the 800 Roadies was sporting the new 30 litre Safari tank from Aqualine in Australia, 450kms before reserve light with 5 litres remaining, fits very nicely, just a pity painting is not recommended.

The dealer has seen his sales increase 300% since I last visited him almost two years ago and is now building a new Triumph dedicated showroom three times bigger than his existing one and hiring a UK Triumph mechanic to set up the workshop and after sales, then train a local team.

Event was well organised in a large event space where all the existing were displayed along with a few Meriden Triumph classics from local enthusiasts. Huge indoor, air conditioned thankfully, hanger for a sit down dinner with some entertainment, projected Triumph videos and even a Bonnie riding local politician! In addition to the display and unveiling there was some very well done branding exercises that played subtlety on the heritage aspect of Triumph.

After the main section of the event which was restricted to current Triumph owners and press, it was opened to Non Triumph owners and the general public. This event really impressed even me and would put a lot of more established dealers in the shade,I suspect he had serious backing from Hinckley.
I used to have long hair, took acid and went to hip joints. Now I long for hair, take antacid and need a new hip joint

John Stenhouse

Black 885i Tiger UK based
Orange 955i Tiger Canadian based
Norton 961S never got it, tired of waiting

Sin_Tiger

Actually I had trouble uploading, will have to edit them all before I try again.
I used to have long hair, took acid and went to hip joints. Now I long for hair, take antacid and need a new hip joint

chappers