News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

Difference between triumph oil filler cap part numbers

Started by Cabriolet, May 05, 2013, 04:31:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cabriolet

Can anyone help me work out the difference between
Part Number: A9610210
Triumph Motorcycle Parts OIL FILLER CAP, RED Triumph Motorcycle

and
Part Number: A9610127
Triumph Motorcycle Parts BILLET OIL FILLER CAP, RED Triumph Motorcycle

other than the work billet in the title? From what I can work out they are both machined and anodised aluminium.
Are they different thread pitches? or diamiters?

Which one will best fit my Tiger 800xc?

Oh and hi guys  :wave
Dont mind me, I'm new.

NeilD

cant help as i cant even visulaise where the oil filler cap is as i've not had to top mine up  :icon_redface:   but thought I'd say hello and welcome to the forum anyway..  :thumbsup

edit: just had a look at the parts list on the Lings website... there only appears to be 1 standard filler cap across the 800 and XC (p/n T1260249) so I'm guessing the differences must be in the finish of the 2 accesories numbers - perhaps one has triumph (or 'oil' !) engraved on the top???  :icon_scratch:

NeilD

a quick google shows A9610127 as the Daytona 675/street triple p/n...

Cabriolet

I couldn't decide, so I bought both. I'll try and remember to report back what the difference is, hopefully the other one will fit my fathers Tiger Explorer...

Mustang

the one that is specific for the 675 has a dipstick ............the tiger one does not.

Cabriolet

Quote from: Mustang on May 05, 2013, 10:18:44 PM
the one that is specific for the 675 has a dipstick ............the tiger one does not.

A9610129 is the one with the dip stick attached. (I do not have one of these)

A9610127 is the one for the Tiger 800.

A9610210 is for the 675. It does not have a dip stick.

The threads and o-ring are all the same size and shape between the two.
The diamiter of the top hat is different.

Top to bottom
Top is A9610127
Middle is Standard plastic filler cap
Bottom is A9610210

this is the smaller one fitted. It doesn't look right. It fits and seals, but the diamiter is too small.

This one fits perfectly. I have R&G engine case covers fitted which cover it up slightly, but it fills the machined flat on the casing properly.

I now have a random A9610210 oil filler cap lying round. Guess I need to buy a street triple to fit it to... ;)