News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

Back...and another Girly

Started by rwantin, June 28, 2013, 05:54:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

rwantin

Greetings...

It has been about three years since I've been here on this forum (dusting myself off here).  I lived in So Cal for about eight years and had an 885i Tiger and a Bonnie.  Sadly, I only owned the big black bike about six months.  A pending job loss out there had me making a difficult choice between the two.  I decided on moving back home to the Detroit area, and with the financial future a little cloudy, I figured one scooter would be more appropriate.  I had the Bonnie quite a bit longer and was pretty attached, thus sold the Tigger.  Of course, I would regret it. 

Short story long, I moved back to Michigan about 2 1/2 years ago.  I had three job offers - my work is auto-industry related and the timing was certainly good.  Had I known things were going to work out so well I would have had two bikes shoved in the moving truck, not one.

Another Tiger was in always in the back of my mind, particularly a Girly, as I just really liked the character (and yes, even the looks).  About three weeks ago, our local dealer, Triumph Detroit, who usually doesn't feature many used bikes, had a beautiful '06 955, loaded to the hilt (it also came with two additonal seats and three additional screens!) and a paltry 9100 miles on it.  Bought new at the dealer there, always serviced there, and in perfect shape.   Sold.

It has been a blast, great to be riding one of these again.  Needless to say, plan on keeping this one a bit longer.
-Robert
2006 Tiger
2007 Bonneville T100

birddogone

Congratulations Robert!  :thumbsup I've got one just like her and absolutely love it. Get'n ready to take a little trip down to Florita in a couple weeks.
Now go put some miles on her!   :hat10
Rod in Richmond
2006 Caspian Blue Tiger

"If it doesn't run on fossil fuel or gun powder I'm not interested"

Montydog

Glad you got happier times back, nice looking bike

rwantin

Thank you both...and yes, planning on adding some miles soon.  I'm thinking a Northern Michigan excursion is in order!  :thumbsup
-Robert
2006 Tiger
2007 Bonneville T100

Marc

Congratulations Robert! You've got 3 beauty's in that garage  :eusa_clap
Tiger Explorer Graphite 2013
Bonneville SE 2010 (missus)
previous bikes:
   Tiger 955i Orange  2003
   BMW K1  1989
   Ducati 750S '72
   Matchless G80 '57
   Matchless G3L '39

Sin_Tiger

+1 like the Bonnie and the TR. A gentleman of refined taste  :icon_salut:
I used to have long hair, took acid and went to hip joints. Now I long for hair, take antacid and need a new hip joint

rwantin

Thank you gentlemen.  This is pretty much my dream garage...the Tiger makes it complete.  I just moved to this place in February (bought it largely because of the garage), I used to winter store the TR at a friend's place.
-Robert
2006 Tiger
2007 Bonneville T100

threepot

That garage is nicer than my house! :icon_wink:
95 Super111
96 Tiger

rwantin

Quote from: threepot on June 30, 2013, 05:30:11 PM
That garage is nicer than my house! :icon_wink:

Thank you...and I hope not!  :icon_mrgreen:

The beauty of this garage, living in Michigan, is it is actually heated!  Furnace and dedicated gas line from the house.  The ceiling went in before I moved in there...much easier to heat and surprisingly effective. 
-Robert
2006 Tiger
2007 Bonneville T100