News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

Le-Mans + Aragon GP

Started by Chris Canning, October 03, 2013, 04:39:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Chris Canning

Every year we go to Le-Mans and every year I say to my other half on Monday morn when we are leaving the hotel we should be going south not home so this year we did.

Within 20 miles it was warm enough to switch to summer gloves near Mt Saint Michel

Cling film your luggage!!

Pit lane walk about.

Some things are too difficult to explain!!!

How we stopped ourselves from rolling around on the floor laughing when this pair got dressed and climbed aboard I'll never know!!!

The real title of this thread should be 'How to get fat in a fortnight'

One of the rare times when we where not eating!!

After Le-Mans we split up and 3 of us went south even on a Monday 80 miles from Le-Mans the Bikers Relais was still open

Stopped in Millau to have a look at the bridge and the odd bike!!.

And on to Andorra

birddogone

Great pictures, thanks for posting!   :thumbsup
2006 Caspian Blue Tiger

"If it doesn't run on fossil fuel or gun powder I'm not interested"

Bixxer Bob

Ok that's the entrée done, where's the juicy bits? :hat10
I don't want to achieve immortality through prayer, I want to achieve it through not dying...

Chris Canning

It was out the door of the Ibis in Millau and onto Albi and down through Carcassone and into Andorra.

Half a sleep as usual!!

Pas de la Casa

Most skiers will know it but with more snow and lots of bike shops but with the exchange rate like it is few bargains

Not your normal shop window.

And a nice old XL

Just a few photos from Alcaniz where the confusingly Aragon GP is held,any attempt of trying to explain the insanity that went on would be a  waste of time  :icon_eek:

I had a great conversation with this guy who lived in Santander and had the motor built by PM in the UK

This is all the rage in Europe at the moment  :icon_scratch:

I'd seen a posting on the net only a few weeks before we came away about a town called Belchite,the French have something similar and it's a tourist attraction,the Civil War in Spain is still a delicate subject and so this place is left untouched you'd best google it.

After 3 nights with little sleep Monday morning was a relief to be leaving Alcaniz,we a serious race goers but this place is another level,and this photo will remind me not to eat so much  :icon_redface:

A good dry run to Bilbao

The usual scramble on the ferry and if you ever think your bike is too old have a look at this it had also been to the GP,it was registered in 1977

One bike to clean when we got home.

Bixxer Bob

Excellent Chris,  weather was kind to you?
I don't want to achieve immortality through prayer, I want to achieve it through not dying...

Chris Canning

Hooned it down near Newbury and that's all,weather in France was great in Spain race weekend we got absolutely cremated to the point it wasn't funny,the tiger had no end of dicky fits when doing town work in the traffic  :icon_scratch:,and just as importantly a decent crossing on the Bay of Biscay,despite the dubious low down running on the Tiger we managed the 175 miles home Portsmouth/B'Ham with a fuel stop in 2 hours flat.

John Stenhouse

I was in Alcaniz at the end of July, I know what you mean about cremated Chris, 40 in the shade and 50 in the sun, good job we took the event shelter.
Black 885i Tiger UK based
Orange 955i Tiger Canadian based
Norton 961S never got it, tired of waiting

Spud

Great photo's mate

cheers Spud  :thumbsup

Sin_Tiger

The red wig didn't really suit you Chris   :icon_mrgreen:

Was that Rocket in a Harris frame by any chance, looks really nicely done.
I used to have long hair, took acid and went to hip joints. Now I long for hair, take antacid and need a new hip joint

Timbox2

Certainly some interesting pics there mate, especially the deserted/ruined town. I can remember a similar scenario in the Samaria Gorge on Crete, that was the result of some family feud/war. Nice report
2016 Tiger Sport

Chris Canning

Quote from: Sin_Tiger on October 07, 2013, 08:35:44 PM
The red wig didn't really suit you Chris   :icon_mrgreen:

Was that Rocket in a Harris frame by any chance, looks really nicely done.

Oh yea very funny :icon_lol: and at some time I'll have to get round to explaining the lunatic in the pink suit,re the frame!!this a Triumph forum Harris frame shame on you,oddly enough I went and spoke to the guy and when I mentioned the make of frame it started the conversation off by the fact I knew what it was,have another guess!!

Chris Canning

Quote from: Timbox2 on October 07, 2013, 10:04:22 PM
Certainly some interesting pics there mate, especially the deserted/ruined town. I can remember a similar scenario in the Samaria Gorge on Crete, that was the result of some family feud/war. Nice report

Hi light of the trip for me by some margin,blimey their are a lot of ghosts there that's for sure,bare in mind get away from the tourist coast line and Spain might be part of the EEC but scratch the surface and you still have a police state,the likes of the Guardia Civil!!!! the families still live in barracks on their own.

All these flats were for the families the whole thing still smacks of Franco.

Sin_Tiger

My initial reaction was Rob North but there was something about the headstock bracing that had me doubting that.
I used to have long hair, took acid and went to hip joints. Now I long for hair, take antacid and need a new hip joint

Chris Canning

Quote from: Sin_Tiger on October 08, 2013, 11:40:52 AM
My initial reaction was Rob North but there was something about the headstock bracing that had me doubting that.

Yep  :icon_biggrin:,he'd had the frame over 20 years.

Chris Canning

Quote from: John Stenhouse on October 05, 2013, 11:51:02 AM
I was in Alcaniz at the end of July, I know what you mean about cremated Chris, 40 in the shade and 50 in the sun, good job we took the event shelter.

What I forgot ask what the hell were doing down there,even a GP would make me/us think about going back.