News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

Making standard exhaust louder

Started by LouisL, October 07, 2013, 12:37:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

LouisL

Hi

I don't see an Introduction thread here but I am Louisl from South Africa- not even sure where this site is based.

Done a quick search but haven't found anything.

At present I happen to have two standard exhausts for my Tiger 800XC. So I thought instead of buying a new exhaust which is louder is there a way that I can change one of the ones I have to have a bit more grunt and sound to it?

Any advice will be appreciated.

PS I am an ignoramus to anything mechanical so a basic description which I can pass on to my more mechanically inclined friends will help.

Louis
Into the great wide open
Under a sky of blue...
A rebel without a clue
Tom Petty

Bixxer Bob

You are right,there's no intro thread, folks tend to just drop in when they want something. This is a new question for the 800s, so it may take a while for someone to come back.  In the meantime, welcome and please fill in a bit of your profile, at least the general location. 

The site is America-based but has folks from all over the world.  Oh, and I've moved the thread where it belongs  :thumbsup
I don't want to achieve immortality through prayer, I want to achieve it through not dying...

Sin_Tiger

I know one who tried it and regretted it, having to shell out for a new can after being sorely disappointed with the performance and ride ability.

I have a preference for Zard but Leovince and the other big names work almost as well, depends on your budget so better start saving your Rand for a new can.
I used to have long hair, took acid and went to hip joints. Now I long for hair, take antacid and need a new hip joint

Bixxer Bob

It appears we now have an intro section.  When did that happen????  :pimp
I don't want to achieve immortality through prayer, I want to achieve it through not dying...

Mustang

Quote from: Bixxer Bob on October 07, 2013, 10:48:50 PM
It appears we now have an intro section.  When did that happen????  :pimp
:5huh  :thumbsup  :hat10

LouisL

Regarding Intro thread...when I wanted to join you guys I was looking around in fear as to where the intro thread was. In South African threads there are some guys that will jump on you when you dare to stick your head from your swamp and just ask for something..."who are you? What is your case just jumping into the middle of our conversation asking questions and we don't even know you" etc etc...

Then another thread was started. The "what not to do" thread. This one told the first group to NOT jump on new joiners since it is rude and new guys don't know where and what to post etc etc.

So if you just barge in you mostly cause a hell of a revolution- and I am not a revolutionary by nature  :icon_study:
Into the great wide open
Under a sky of blue...
A rebel without a clue
Tom Petty

Sin_Tiger

Not likely to happen here. Though most of us have one leg longer than the other from getting it pulled so often  :icon_wink:

I have a friend / work colleague in SA with an orange XC, he's either  Capetown or George, can't remember off hand.
I used to have long hair, took acid and went to hip joints. Now I long for hair, take antacid and need a new hip joint

Slowmow

Welcome Louisl,

Glad you find the tiger family  :icon_salut:
2005 Tiger 955i Owner

2008 KLR650

LouisL

Hi Slowmow :wave

Thanks for informing me of the good site! :notworthy
Into the great wide open
Under a sky of blue...
A rebel without a clue
Tom Petty

blacktiger

Welcome Louise.
I've read several accounts over the years of people trying to modify a standard exhaust and they nearly always say it sounds like a fart in a tin can.  So my advice is to get an aftermarket end can.
I went for the LeoVinci and am very happy with the sound it makes on the power. I'm also very happy that most of the noise disappears when on a cruising throttle above 50mph so I don't suffer from the droning that some people complain about with some other cans.
2013 800XC 33000 miles & counting.

Bixxer Bob

blacktiger

Quote from: Bixxer Bob on November 14, 2013, 10:31:52 AM
Quote from: blacktiger on November 13, 2013, 08:02:57 PM
Welcome Louise.????

:icon_lol: Did you just transform his gender ??

I heard he'd had the op. No? Maybe too many "e" things in his food.  :bug_eye
2013 800XC 33000 miles & counting.

tigerchef

i had been reading some posts as a new member regarding exhausts - thought you'd like to see something amusing that i discovered whilst considering a new can, i came across this little gem.. (might i add i have no intention of modifying my own!!)

:^_^