News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

It's snow fun!

Started by tri99sprint, March 07, 2005, 07:51:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tri99sprint

Went for a short? 330 mile ride yesterday to see what shape my favorite roads are in....the roads were fine, but the abundant amount of snow made for some cold temps (high 30,àûFs). But hey, it sure felt good to be carving again, and my new Tiger was every bit as fast and as agile at the Speed Triple and SprintST that were with me.
Chuck

tri99sprint

I tried to add a picture....will try again.
Chuck

abell

High 30s? That's a warm day here at the moment!
2005 Tiger

2001 Daytona

Patrick the Scot

Speaking of riding and the weather, I've got the lawn service scheduled for this Saturday, March 12, for the first grass cutting.  I only mention the lawn service because I refuse to do yard work when the weather forecast calls for mid 70's temperature, clear sky, and mild winds.  That is the forecast for this weekend. I'll either go to Austin or Albuquerque.  Ride report to follow.

10-Day Forecast NEW: Faster Radar Maps & No Ads

High / Low (,àûF) Precip. %  

Tue Mar 08  Sunny 66,àû/37,àû 0 %

Wed Mar 09  Sunny 62,àû/36,àû 0 %

Thu Mar 10  Sunny 72,àû/37,àû 0 %

Fri Mar 11  Sunny 70,àû/41,àû 0 %

Sat Mar 12  Sunny 77,àû/47,àû 10 %

Sun Mar 13  Partly Cloudy 80,àû/45,àû 10 %

Mon Mar 14  Partly Cloudy 72,àû/45,àû 10 %

Tue Mar 15  Mostly Sunny 70,àû/45,àû 0 %

Wed Mar 16  Sunny 67,àû/38,àû 0 %
"As far back as I can remember... I always wanted to be a gangster" - Good Fellas

Texas Tech Red Raiders - 2008 BIG IIX NCAAF CHAMPS

Mudhen

Quote from: "Patrick the Scot"Speaking of riding and the weather, I've got the lawn service scheduled for this Saturday, March 12, for the first grass cutting.  I only mention the lawn service because I refuse to do yard work when the weather forecast calls for mid 70's temperature, clear sky, and mild winds.  That is the forecast for this weekend.

(only goofing, of course)
\'96 Steamer

tri99sprint

I'll try attaching the picture one more time...
Chuck

DutchMichael

When you are posting your pictures check the size.  Hi-res large pictures are not accepted by the system, and no reason is given.

If you can keep them around 600-700K they should be allowed.

tri99sprint

Ok, I'll try again....this is a 800x600 jpeg, 131kb in size.
Chuck

Patrick the Scot

Quote from: "Mudhen"
Quote from: "Patrick the Scot"Speaking of riding and the weather, I've got the lawn service scheduled for this Saturday, March 12, for the first grass cutting.  I only mention the lawn service because I refuse to do yard work when the weather forecast calls for mid 70's temperature, clear sky, and mild winds.  That is the forecast for this weekend.

(only goofing, of course)

Mudhen, even if you weren't goofing I would not take offense as I spent the first eighteen years of my life in northern New York and Vermont.  As I recall it seemed that winter drug on forever; way longer than was necessary.  I think winter was about seven months long?  Anyway, I feel for you and all I can say is this: the warm toasty tarmac and the wide open spaces will be waiting on you this weekend, about 2500 miles to the southwest.  I'll have you in mind when I pull off for some pics.

Oh, and btw, I made about an hour ride tonight through the city just before sunset.  Dang, I love to ride!
"As far back as I can remember... I always wanted to be a gangster" - Good Fellas

Texas Tech Red Raiders - 2008 BIG IIX NCAAF CHAMPS

abell

New England Winters dragging on forever?

Today is one of those days.

Tomorrow does not look good either.
2005 Tiger

2001 Daytona

Mudhen

Quote from: "abell"New England Winters dragging on forever?

Today is one of those days.

Tomorrow does not look good either.

And how about tomorrow?  Lately there have been too many tomorrows that don't look good...

Hey Patrick...how about some pics so we can remember...
\'96 Steamer

Mudhen

Long as I remember The (snow) been coming down.

Clouds of myst'ry pouring Confusion on the ground.

Good men through the ages, Trying to find the sun;

And I wonder, Still I wonder, Who'll stop the (snow).

I went down Virginia, Seeking shelter from the storm.

Caught up in the fable, I watched the tower grow.

Five year plans and new deals, Wrapped in golden chains.

And I wonder, Still I wonder Who'll stop the (snow).

Heard the singers playing, How we cheered for more.

The crowd had rushed together, Trying to keep warm.

Still the (snow) kept pouring, Falling on my ears.

And I wonder, Still I wonder Who'll stop the (snow).
\'96 Steamer