News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

Explorer colours?

Started by mat-tiger1, October 18, 2013, 08:17:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mat-tiger1

Hi guys, from what I'm reading it looks like these are the next big thing!  :notworthy
I haven't got round to taking a rest ride as yet, but i'm hoping to soon.  :icon_lol:
One thing I'm not too keen on is the paintwork!   :icon_cry: Does anyone know if Triumph have any plans to produce the Explorer in any other colours? (Especially Lucifer Orange!) :thumbsup
All the best, Mat-tiger1. 👍
2021 Tiger 900 RP & 1982 Yamaha XT550 (For old times sake) Bike history:- 2018 Tiger 800 XCA Korosi Red. 2015 Tiger 800 XCX Caspian Blue, 2005 Tiger 955i Lucifer Orange.

Sin_Tiger

I was hoping for that on the XC but they came out with Green :icon_rolleyes:
I used to have long hair, took acid and went to hip joints. Now I long for hair, take antacid and need a new hip joint

Bixxer Bob

They'lk bring out orange the day after I buy on, guarranteed! :icon_evil:
I don't want to achieve immortality through prayer, I want to achieve it through not dying...

brianre

I just took delivery of my custom painted in matt blazing orange. Looks awesome!

metalguru

2013 Explorer
2006 Rocket 3
2004 Tiger Lucifer Orange
2001 Adventurer. (Like new).
1993 DR200
1977 Kawa Z1000A1 (Had from new)
1972 BSA A65L
1960 Norman Nippy
1952 Royal Enfield Ensign MK1
2 Crossers
I may as well do it, as I'm gonna get blamed for it anyway.

brianre

Marc

Looks very nice!  No picture of the whole bike?
Tiger Explorer Graphite 2013
Bonneville SE 2010 (missus)
previous bikes:
   Tiger 955i Orange  2003
   BMW K1  1989
   Ducati 750S '72
   Matchless G80 '57
   Matchless G3L '39

brianre

Sin_Tiger

:love10 Ooooooh Yes. If that had been available last year I would probably have ordered it rather than the Trophy but would probably have gotten  :violent1 from the pillion.

Power to you for having the commitment to do that, it really looks great.
I used to have long hair, took acid and went to hip joints. Now I long for hair, take antacid and need a new hip joint

brianre

Haha I can imagine most pillions preferring the trophy. Thankfully I've got a tiger girl :-)

eurobykz

That bike looks fabulous, but you forgot the black stripes on the tank!!     

Seeing this makes me think I could get one of those ugly green beasts and make it look like a tigger!
Ian Fleming
Saskatoon canada

2007 MotoGuzzi Breva V11 (Italian Mistress)
2004 Tigger 955i 
2014 KTM Duke690 (impulse purchase)

mat-tiger1

Explorer & Tiger 800 back to back test rides booked in for next Wednesday!  :wheel
Any pointers you guys?  :thumbsup
All the best, Mat-tiger1. 👍
2021 Tiger 900 RP & 1982 Yamaha XT550 (For old times sake) Bike history:- 2018 Tiger 800 XCA Korosi Red. 2015 Tiger 800 XCX Caspian Blue, 2005 Tiger 955i Lucifer Orange.

Sin_Tiger

Pay attention to how your knees are positioned,  admiring yourself in shop windows works  :hat10

The 800 felt better to me and there is a bit more scope for lowering than on the Dora, end of the day it's very personal.

Go easy with the Dora throttle until you get the feel of it,   :wheel is to easy.

Spud

Quote from: mat-tiger1 on November 04, 2014, 03:50:51 AM
Explorer & Tiger 800 back to back test rides booked in for next Wednesday!  :wheel
Any pointers you guys?  :thumbsup

yes don't watch the new ad for the 800xc  :Topes

cheers Spud  :thumbsup

BONANZA

Hi Matt, As mentioned be careful with the throttle on the Tex. It,s  very light until you get used to it. The engineis brilliant and you may find yourself going 15-20mph faster than you think you are :augie. Only a test ride will let you decide one way or another but it was enough for me to buy my Explorer. And don,t forget to enjoy yourself on both of them :wheel
05 Tiger
95 Speed Triple