News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

A wee ride on a Tiger 1050 from UK to OZ - off road as well.

Started by haggis, November 11, 2013, 08:46:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bixxer Bob

Awesome,  I would love to do something like that, but it's just a dream.  I realised when visiting our local Arbuckle's recently that I'm out of my depth in a newly-gravelled car park  :icon_redface:

Although to be fair, it was deep gravel   :augie
I don't want to achieve immortality through prayer, I want to achieve it through not dying...

motoOzarks

Have had:  Girelli Bronco 50, Honda xr70, Yamaha YZ80, Yamaha MX175, Suzuki TS250, Honda XR350, Honda XR500, Honda XL600r, Suzuki DR200, Suzuki GS1100e, Honda Ruckas 49, BMW F650GS
Have:  Yamaha TW200, Suzuki DRZ400s, Triumph Tiger 955i

haggis

Thanks for the kind words guys. Its not a dream, just pack your bags and go. Next one in in the americas for me ... top to bottom. now wheres the credit card gone?

Bixxer Bob

Have you read Lois Pryce's book "Lois on the Loose" about when she did that?  An inspiring read. :notworthy
I don't want to achieve immortality through prayer, I want to achieve it through not dying...

haggis

Quote from: Bixxer Bob on November 12, 2013, 09:51:05 AM
Have you read Lois Pryce's book "Lois on the Loose" about when she did that?  An inspiring read. :notworthy

Yes I have, also red tape and white knuckles is probably better, going through Africa, she went through Congo at a dodgy time, brave lady. Shes just back from Iran, not sure if theres a book there though. She has a knack of writing well, one of the best really. There a whole list of people doing books on bike travel, thats why I didnt want to do similar, nothing to do with being crap at writing you know :)

Timbox2

Blimey Steven, awesome, well done, started watching the videos late last night and couldnt stop till Id got to the end,  I could really feel the menace surrounding you in Pakistan, edge of the seat, and to think you almost went past me in South Wales.

Thanks again, and you have almost certainly convinced me to return to the Triumph Brand next year, maybe even a roadie, I dont do pillions :icon_salut:
2016 Tiger Sport

Chris Canning

Great jeeze it takes me two weeks to get over riding two weeks in Europe!! :icon_redface:

Was the guy in the blue overall at the beginning the Mondo Enduro chap?? when they went around the world on old air cooled traillies.

Bixxer Bob

Quote from: haggis on November 12, 2013, 11:08:18 AM
Quote from: Bixxer Bob on November 12, 2013, 09:51:05 AM

Yes I have, also red tape and white knuckles is probably better, going through Africa, she went through Congo at a dodgy time, brave lady. Shes just back from Iran, not sure if theres a book there though. She has a knack of writing well, one of the best really. There a whole list of people doing books on bike travel, thats why I didnt want to do similar, nothing to do with being crap at writing you know :)

Yup, read that one too, and met her at the NEC bike show a few years back. A ballsey lady.

haggis

Quote from: Chris Canning on November 12, 2013, 08:27:27 PM
Was the guy in the blue overall at the beginning the Mondo Enduro chap?? when they went around the world on old air cooled traillies.
Yes that was Austin Vince, Mondo enduro fame. His wife funnily enough is Lois Price. He has a new one out Mondo Sahara, I haven't seen it yet but I'm told is great.

akendall1966

Going to be a showing in hebden bridge hosted by adventure spec.

http://us5.campaign-archive1.com/?u=eb17a5032ba86930f08b7c02f&id=f92001083f&e=8c9324ec39

PS we hope to have a presentation evening from AV as a fund raiser for Cambs TRF in the new year.
----AK-----

iansoady

Absolutely superb. It must be hard enough to do the trip let alone make such a great record of it.
Ian.

1931 Sunbeam Model 10
1999 Honda SLR650

haggis

Quote from: iansoady on November 13, 2013, 12:44:19 PM
Absolutely superb. It must be hard enough to do the trip let alone make such a great record of it.
Thanks mate. I realised I should have made it more clear that most of it was filmed by me. I'm adding some of that theme to the last one to let people know it isnt supported by a film crew, just an amateur dude with a tripod and a fear to ride away and leave an expensive camera standing in the middle of nowhere.

Cheers
Steven