News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

Has anyone upgraded the seat to their 800?

Started by Rapier, December 22, 2013, 09:26:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rapier

I was wondering if anyone had upgraded the seat on their 800, or was planning to do so?
I am in the investigation phase of getting a new seat and I am looking for some opinions. I did get the Gel upgrade when I bought the bike, and it has been treating my backside ok.

Seats I am considering:
http://www.saddlemen.com/products/k2mart/seats/adventure-tour-seat-charts/adventure-tour-seats.html
http://www.sargentcycle.com/Seats-Accessories/Performance-Plus-Heat-Triumph-Tiger-800-Regular/
http://www.touratech-usa.com/Store/3352/PN-420-590X/Touratech-Comfort-Seats-Triumph-Tiger-800-800XC

Points of consideration:
6'1
180 lbs
Solo rides - Daily commute / 4 - 7 day trips

Unless the Corbin has gotten better since my 2005 BMW I am planning on passing on them this time.
The Moose Racing construction does not look to be much better than stock, but I have been wrong before.

Thanks for taking the time to help out.
~Jeff~
2005 F650 CS
1996 Triumph Tiger
NC - USA

Sin_Tiger

I haven't felt the need, the stock seat serving me well on a longish day (900+kms). I did fell teh need to strecth my legs after an hour or so. Might be worth considering lower pegs if you have longer legs, this can affect how the pressure is distributed and the tension on various muscles.

Just sayin' as everybody has a bum and they are all different  :icon_wink:
I used to have long hair, took acid and went to hip joints. Now I long for hair, take antacid and need a new hip joint

cwadej

I reccommend seat concepts.

I had one on my V Strom and loved it. They are firmer than factory seats, and it's a good thing.

That and the company is a small operation out of their garage. Customer service is better than you've ever had.  They've done me right many times.

be warned the seat concepts is about 3/4" taller than the stock 800 seat. I had to shave mine down to get comfortable.  They'll do this if you ask them to.

blacktiger

Quote from: cwadej on April 07, 2014, 03:59:44 PM
I reccommend seat concepts.

I had one on my V Strom and loved it. They are firmer than factory seats, and it's a good thing.

That and the company is a small operation out of their garage. Customer service is better than you've ever had.  They've done me right many times.

be warned the seat concepts is about 3/4" taller than the stock 800 seat. I had to shave mine down to get comfortable.  They'll do this if you ask them to.

They do a "standard" and a "tall" seat both at $159. Getting one to the UK could be rather expensive though.
2013 800XC 33000 miles & counting.

blacktiger

Quote from: blacktiger on April 08, 2014, 09:59:22 AM
They do a "standard" and a "tall" seat both at $159. Getting one to the UK could be rather expensive though.

Update. I went in with a friend and we imported two SeatConcepts "tall" seats. The cost doing it together wasn't too bad.
So, what are they like? Well, not too good, not too bad. It's not as comfortable as I'd hoped for. But it is better than the OE seat. They tell us that it'll break in with time and use. But I've needed to fit my AirHawk for long multi day tours. The bonus of the tall seat is that it's quite flat along the top so it's easier to move about and change possition whilst riding. And that flatness also helps the AirHawk to work better.
Would I buy it again? Probably not.
Are there better alternatives out there? Probably. But as everyones' arse is different what works for me might not work for you and vice versa. :^_^
2013 800XC 33000 miles & counting.