News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

Camping trip to Austria

Started by chairhead, January 30, 2014, 07:29:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

chairhead

So the same as most years I went to Austria last week for some frolicking in the Snow  :icon_lol: and did it snow!!  :icon_eek:
not so cold though, only -8  :icon_sad: , still cold enough to freeze my beer though............and beard   :icon_lol:

03 Girly Roulette Green with a Hedingham ETH
TOR can
Wilbers shock & wasp L/L forks
Taylormade Billet wheel

Bixxer Bob

Awesome as usual mate!!  :notworthy

You are, of course, certifiable.......  :nod

I don't want to achieve immortality through prayer, I want to achieve it through not dying...

John Stenhouse

Stunning scenery, you are an inspiration and as BB says nuts too. Keep doing it, and keep posting the pics.
Black 885i Tiger UK based
Orange 955i Tiger Canadian based
Norton 961S never got it, tired of waiting

birddogone

You my Man, are one rugged individual.  :thumbsup   Great pictures too!
2006 Caspian Blue Tiger

"If it doesn't run on fossil fuel or gun powder I'm not interested"

Sin_Tiger

And the nominations for 2014 Academy "Brass Monkey" Award are............

errrr there's only one  :icon_scratch:

Oh bugger, it's him again  :nod

:notworthy :notworthy :notworthy
I used to have long hair, took acid and went to hip joints. Now I long for hair, take antacid and need a new hip joint

v8er6.6

spanglish

Fantastic pictures.....but its no good hiding the scars under a helmet from the operation to remove your brain!! :nono lol
You know your really drunk when you have  to grab the grass to stop yourself falling off the planet

chairhead

What brain?  :icon_scratch:  :icon_lol:...........There were two guys from Spain there too, one on a solo the other on a Ural outfit  :icon_wink:
TOR can
Taylormade Billet wheel

spanglish

Quote from: chairhead on February 22, 2014, 02:32:53 PM
What brain?  :icon_scratch:  :icon_lol:...........There were two guys from Spain there too, one on a solo the other on a Ural outfit  :icon_wink:
Yeh, I read about those two, set off for a camping holiday in Australia but couldn't spell, fed AUSTRIA into the gps and ended up with frostbite instead of a deep tan!! :augie LoL regards, Jim
You know your really drunk when you have  to grab the grass to stop yourself falling off the planet

mat-tiger1

Brilliant pics Chairhead!  :eusa_clap I'm intrigued, what else do you guys get up to apart from digging each other out of the snow & thawing yer beer out of course?  :icon_scratch:
All the best, Mat-tiger1. 👍
2021 Tiger 900 RP & 1982 Yamaha XT550 (For old times sake) Bike history:- 2018 Tiger 800 XCA Korosi Red. 2015 Tiger 800 XCX Caspian Blue, 2005 Tiger 955i Lucifer Orange.

chairhead

Quote from: mat-tiger1 on February 24, 2014, 09:07:24 PM
Brilliant pics Chairhead!  :eusa_clap I'm intrigued, what else do you guys get up to apart from digging each other out of the snow & thawing yer beer out of course?  :icon_scratch:

One of the best things for me when im there is going for rides in the snow and cold, its a challenge and rewarding to go up and down snow covered forest tracks looking at amazing views, I have the biggest smile on my face, its like a drug, its hard work and you never know if you can make it or what's around the next corner, getting back to camp to see other friends who I haven't seen since last year, catching up with them, cooking a meal and drinking beer in sub zero temps, walking around to see different outfits and where they've come from, getting into the bar where its toasty warm and having a good session  :icon_biggrin:.

Repeat for two or three days  :icon_lol:....................if you can  :bad :icon_lol:
TOR can
Taylormade Billet wheel

Tripodtiger

There's more than one bloke who's had the brain removed in that lot!
:bowdown

Farquemoi!  That's some snow!

Maybe you can do a separate thread on your snow chains?  Edu-ma-cate we whom don't have the foggiest, please.  It's coming on to winter down here and I live reasonably close to the snow fields.  Did you know 'they say' we have more snow here than in Austria?  Only because Austria is small.

cheers
rayb
'73 RD250, '80 XS11, '81 RD350LC,
'96 Steamer - 'Tiger Trek' outfit.
'02 Girly - 'Envy'
"Faster Daddy, Faster!" (aged 7?)

06tiger

Sweet  :bowdown :bowdown :bowdown :bowdown :eusa_clap Great post....boys still having fun