News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

Triumph Tiger Raid-2005 Down Under

Started by TigerWil, March 19, 2005, 01:13:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

TigerWil

Hello to all Tigerfans

We are very devoted Tiger fans and were allready best friends before we even bought the Tiger's.Now we did 35.000 km together troughout Europe

(France,Spain,Portugal,Italy,Greece etc.)

We are going to drive our 3 Tigers 955i in Oktober and November for a 15.000 km tour from Adelaide-Alice-Darwin-Broome-Perth-Adelaide.

The Tigers will be shipped from Rotterdam to Adelaide and back again.

The plan is to visit the National Parks like Lichtfield,Kakadu and the Kimberley and do some off-road too.We will write a story in a Dutch bikemag and we will make a DVD from this adventure for ourselves and other enthousiasts !

Our website is www.tigerraid-2005.nl.Sorry but only in Dutch.

To see is our previous tour in 2000 with 2 XT 600's along the Eastcoast.With lots of pics off course.Take a look and leave a message.

The website will be updated during the TigerRaid as much as possible.

Wishing everybody a very good season with their Tiger's

Wilco

Been \"Down Under\"from Holland/Europe with my 3 mates on 3 Tigers 955 in oktober/november 2005 and drove 15.000 km in 8 weeks through the Red centre and the Westcoast of Australia ! See our website !

TigerWil

Quote from: "TigerWil"Hello to all Tigerfans

We are very devoted Tiger fans and were allready best friends before we even bought the Tiger's.Now we did 35.000 km together troughout Europe

(France,Spain,Portugal,Italy,Greece etc.)

We are going to drive our 3 Tigers 955i in Oktober and November for a 15.000 km tour from Adelaide-Alice-Darwin-Broome-Perth-Adelaide.

The Tigers will be shipped from Rotterdam to Adelaide and back again.

The plan is to visit the National Parks like Lichtfield,Kakadu and the Kimberley and do some off-road too.We will write a story in a Dutch bikemag and we will make a DVD from this adventure for ourselves and other enthousiasts !

Our website is www.tigerraid-2005.nl  Sorry but only in Dutch.

To see is our previous tour in 2000 with 2 XT 600's along the Eastcoast.With lots of pics off course.Take a look and leave a message.

The website will be updated during the TigerRaid as much as possible.

Wishing everybody a very good season with their Tiger's

Wilco

Been \"Down Under\"from Holland/Europe with my 3 mates on 3 Tigers 955 in oktober/november 2005 and drove 15.000 km in 8 weeks through the Red centre and the Westcoast of Australia ! See our website !

thylacine

Take rain gear and insect sprays.  You'll be in the 'wet' season (including cyclones)  throughout the top-end of Australia. ie. Darwin and across to Broome. Camping witnesses dark clouds of mossies descending every sunset.  

Throughout the year-  Carcasses litter the roads every morning from wildlife (especially cattle & roos) mangled by bull bars mounted on 'road trains' and 4-wd.

Fuel range will not be a problem. PULP will be. You can't carry too much water.

We spent 25 years in the N.T.

TigerWil

Hi Thylacine.Thankx for your advice.But isn't the wet season moreduring dec/jan/fabr. ? This time the roads can be flooded.

we are escpecially going during this time so most tourists are gone and the wet hasn't started yet...When did you leave the top-end ?

Why can't we carry too much water ?