News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

Riding AZ!

Started by HeavyHustler, February 25, 2014, 01:57:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

HeavyHustler

Since it finally warmed up here in AZ(78f), thought I better hit the trails!  We headed out to Harquahala Observatory just west of Phx.  A 10 mile fire road/gong show that climbs 3000'.  Plenty of rocks and boulders etc.  Only binned it twice. 
Having a look at the H&B crash bars I've found a flaw.  The clutch cover sticks way past the bars.  Put a nice gouge in the cover.   
Also bent the brake pedal completely 180.....
Anyways good day for riding.  Defo have to practice my manouvering of this whale!

SlideShow- http://s253.photobucket.com/user/heavyhustler_Treed_Spiple/slideshow/Harquahala%2014

Sin_Tiger

Crackin pic  :thumbsup

Interested to hear your opinions on how the Steamer and the XC compare off road, haven't taken either of mine on more than hard pack.
I used to have long hair, took acid and went to hip joints. Now I long for hair, take antacid and need a new hip joint

spanglish

Great pics, thanks for sharing them with us. Similar scenery to here in Andalucia, Spain, but we dont have rattle snakes  thank God !! I once drove the road from Apache Juntion to Globe(in a car) fantastic countryside, very rugged, I live near to a place called Tabernas, its the ONLY official desert in Europe, they filmed a lot of spaghetti westerns here in the 60's, fist full of dollars, the magnificent 7 etc, heres a taste of the scenery here. Great twisties.
You know your really drunk when you have  to grab the grass to stop yourself falling off the planet

HeavyHustler

Quote from: Sin_Tiger on February 25, 2014, 11:18:25 AM
Crackin pic  :thumbsup

Interested to hear your opinions on how the Steamer and the XC compare off road, haven't taken either of mine on more than hard pack.

I know they both have a high center of gravity and top heavy with a full tank on the Steamer.  Defo need to be standing more on the rough stuff and just giver! 
They have about the same seat height.  I use the stock seat for offroad so I can flat foot it.  Corbin for on road. 
On the way back I was getting a pretty good wobble at 85-90mph.  No wobbles on the way there though?     

Great pic of the the road in Spain Spanglish!

birddogone

Great picture HH! Still plenty of space left in America.  :hat10
2006 Caspian Blue Tiger

"If it doesn't run on fossil fuel or gun powder I'm not interested"

Spud

Spanglish where's that road mate as I am out that way in June, great shots HH

cheers Spud  :thumbsup

spanglish

PM sent to Spud, regards, Jim
You know your really drunk when you have  to grab the grass to stop yourself falling off the planet

Spud

sorry about thread hi jack, have replied Spanglish

cheers Spud  :icon_wink:

Tripodtiger

I had a look at your slideshow, maybe you could post up that photo of the view, please?  Awesome place and it looks like fun getting there.
So many places, so little time.
cheers
rayb
'73 RD250, '80 XS11, '81 RD350LC,
'96 Steamer - 'Tiger Trek' outfit.
'02 Girly - 'Envy'
"Faster Daddy, Faster!" (aged 7?)