News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

Playtime

Started by metalguru, February 27, 2014, 08:10:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

metalguru

Had a day playing, Motad can and link pipe both modified to fit, nice deep sound, will be shortening the can. Screen height adjusters, wind blast gone at 100 mph, dogbones to lower seat by 45mm, and Givi box mount. Had to test ride it after!!

:wheel
2013 Explorer
2006 Rocket 3
2004 Tiger Lucifer Orange
2001 Adventurer. (Like new).
1993 DR200
1977 Kawa Z1000A1 (Had from new)
1972 BSA A65L
1960 Norman Nippy
1952 Royal Enfield Ensign MK1
2 Crossers
I may as well do it, as I'm gonna get blamed for it anyway.

Sin_Tiger

:thumbsup nice.  45mm jings you'll need a step ladder to get off it :icon_mrgreen:
I used to have long hair, took acid and went to hip joints. Now I long for hair, take antacid and need a new hip joint

Marc

Tiger Explorer Graphite 2013
Bonneville SE 2010 (missus)
previous bikes:
   Tiger 955i Orange  2003
   BMW K1  1989
   Ducati 750S '72
   Matchless G80 '57
   Matchless G3L '39

robxxxx

Thats the Batzen bracket. How you getting on with it? And is that the standard screen, or touring?
I bought a Palmer screen and bracket and was somewhat disappointed with it. Even went to the larger screen. And to cap it all, it was a pain in the arse to adjust the hight. 
Recently bought a Givi Airflow, and somewhat liking it, but still not perfect.

metalguru

Standard screen and Batzen adjusters, have lowered the rear suspension by 45mm and I am 5'10" so the combination of those two will make the screen rake and height different. The Batzen adjusters give a vast adjustment possibilities for all heights. I have tried loads of positions of rake and height ending up where it is now which gives visor up zero turbulence at up to 130mph. It is very easy to change the rake or height as all adjusters are tool free types.
They are VERY well made and powdercoat finish. The next mod maybe to fit a black bikini screen under the adjusters to just fill the space between the screen a headlamps.

:thumbsup
2013 Explorer
2006 Rocket 3
1993 DR200
1972 BSA A65L
1960 Norman Nippy
2 Crossers

threepot

Nice bike :thumbsup The more I see,the more I want one. Been watching great reviews on youtube :thumbsup
95 Super111
96 Tiger

Sin_Tiger

It's a pretty impressive package.  Have you seen what Kevin got up to in my backyard?
I used to have long hair, took acid and went to hip joints. Now I long for hair, take antacid and need a new hip joint

threepot

You mean this..http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=crnd2qQpW9s :bowdown

Ex demo bike for sale..never thrashed,seen water etc,etc :bad
95 Super111
96 Tiger

Sin_Tiger

You might not want to joke about that. MCS have just recently lost the Triumph franchise, that means my nearest dealer is either Edinburgh or Carlise  :icon_eek:

There were rumblings in the trade that MCS and Triumph had had a serious falling out, certainly did not feel a very comfortable atmosphere the last time I was there last year, managed to keep my mouth shut for a change, now it's official.

Sorry for the hijack MG, looking forward to seeing your next mods  :thumbsup

metalguru

Been playing again and have now fitted a Tomtom Go Sat nav.
I wanted to hardwire the power supply instead of using the accs socket with an adapter.
Sent off for a 5v power supply and found inside the trim panels below the screen are hollow, just right for mounting.

I did solder the 12v side of the supply to the accs socket cables and installed a small push to make latching switch.

Next was to modify the mounting that was used on my Girly and fix the ex windscreen live mount.

Here is finished job and for a waterproof cover I use a freezer bag and a re-usable ziptie.

The Bikini screen along with the Batzen adjusters (Thanks Wolfgang), allow visor open and no buffeting at the capped top speed!!
2013 Explorer
2006 Rocket 3
1993 DR200
1972 BSA A65L
1960 Norman Nippy
2 Crossers

metalguru

Nearly forgot the shortened can.......CAN YOU HEAR ME NOW?

Does bark a bit now.....but in the best possible taste!

Used old dogbones that came off when the lowering ones were fitted to make a mount for the shorter can.
2013 Explorer
2006 Rocket 3
1993 DR200
1972 BSA A65L
1960 Norman Nippy
2 Crossers

Sin_Tiger

Now that's what I call recycling  :thumbsup

Marc

Whaw!.. nice job!  :notworthy
Tiger Explorer Graphite 2013
Bonneville SE 2010 (missus)
previous bikes:
   Tiger 955i Orange  2003
   BMW K1  1989
   Ducati 750S '72
   Matchless G80 '57
   Matchless G3L '39