News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

Oil again sorry xx

Started by tigerfeet, March 02, 2014, 08:35:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tigerfeet

Reet OIL !!!
haven Ridden since the age of about 7 and doing all me own servicing etc and am not a stranger to oil  :icon_lol: but this being my 1st Trumpet powered ride , and, having read a lot of post's on another site  :pottytrain2 which is sooo up there own  :pottytrain2 its unbelievable---
Most Yanks seem to rant on about Fully Synth ----
However I have only ever used fully Synth on track bikes and on me road bikes [ of all persuasions] only ever used Semi Synth [ racking up aprox 60k before selling em on ] and had no wear probs
However I am getting mixed signals from Triumph -- Dealer uses nothing but Semi when doing servicing -- But the Factory states full Synth
Sooo folks I have a 6k in 2 weeks holl arranged in June -- I am presuming the weather is going to be warm --and we will be travelling hard -- what say you all ???

Sin_Tiger

Had two dealer / workshops use both on my Roadie. Didn't notice a difference either way as far as  performance or reliability of even noise goes.
I used to have long hair, took acid and went to hip joints. Now I long for hair, take antacid and need a new hip joint

Bixxer Bob

Only ever use semi myself.  My Blackbird produces several horses more than the Tigger and only uses semi.  In fact, if I use fully (which I tried soon after I got her) she tends to be a bit vibey so most of the 66k on her clock is using semi.  Use the search button, the subject's been done to death on here too....
I don't want to achieve immortality through prayer, I want to achieve it through not dying...

nickjtc

15/50 Motorex semi-synth. Used it in my Thruxton and then the Steamer. Will use it in the Roadie.
"That which does not kill us reminds us to wear motorcycle specific clothing!"