News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

Girly around Strangford and the new Go Pro

Started by Moorso, April 07, 2014, 05:42:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Moorso

So with a bit of extra cash a few months back, I bought a Go Pro Hero 3.
Got an additional billet aluminium mount (as the plastic stock ones are not the best).

First run out with her, I found I couldn't mound on the handle bar due to master cylinders etc, so placed it on the left mirror mount and quite pleased with the results:

Author of 'Valhalla and the Fjord'
Currently editing my second book: 'Hibernia - Journals from a Motorcycle'

Columnist for Motorcycle Explorer Magazine and Ulster Grand Prix

Even as a grown man, I still don't know what I want to do - trying to become Ted Simon!!

2013 Triumph Explorer

Sin_Tiger

I used to have long hair, took acid and went to hip joints. Now I long for hair, take antacid and need a new hip joint

John Stenhouse

That's nice and solid, just one point. Your speedo can be seen, don't post stuff anywhere on the internet where  you can be seen to break the limit. People have been done for it in the past.
Black 885i Tiger UK based
Orange 955i Tiger Canadian based
Norton 961S never got it, tired of waiting

Tripodtiger

Use an editor.  Be savage with cutting the video up into small bits.  I read once a fellow used no more than 4 seconds unbroken.  I've tried to cut my stuff down to that short and couldn't do it.  Unbroken POV video is really boring.  We wouldn't watch it on TV or the flicks.  Edit.  Youtube now has a pretty good selection of audio tracks too.

The video is wonderfully clear and stable.  I assume it's at 1080p.  The different lens on the Hero 3 makes far less distortion than the Hero & Hero 2.  I've got the Hero.

If it isn't raining, I recommend the skeleton back.  No explanation but the waterproof housing puts more noise on the audio track than when it is partially open with the skeleton back.  It's a bit weird but that is how it is.  Someone expert in acoustics can explain it.

I can't do it on the Hero but I'd like to have a remote microphone to try & pick up engine, induction & exhaust noise.  I could just use a remote audio recorder and then synch the two tracks in the editor but that's too exie and too much work for a Youtube video.

Have fun with it.

Get an editor.
cheers
rayb
'73 RD250, '80 XS11, '81 RD350LC,
'96 Steamer - 'Tiger Trek' outfit.
'02 Girly - 'Envy'
"Faster Daddy, Faster!" (aged 7?)

Moorso

QuoteThe video is wonderfully clear and stable.  I assume it's at 1080p.
It's not....it's 720p!!! I tried a few experiments with the camera mounted in my car and the 1020p is genuinely phenomenal, but I found the 720p to great for uploading.

I'd be interested to hear of any recommendations for an editor, the Go Pro software is free, but not user friendly!

Quotedon't post stuff anywhere on the internet where  you can be seen to break the limit.
Thanks for the tip....didn't think about that!!  :icon_salut:

Even as a grown man, I still don't know what I want to do - trying to become Ted Simon!!

2013 Triumph Explorer

Tripodtiger

I received a Pinnacle editing suite with a piece of hardware I bought.  It is a simplified version of their retail products and has some bugs however, I find it easy to use.

http://www.pinnaclesys.com/publicsite/uk/home/

My brother is more knowedgeable about video than I will ever be, he reckons Sony make a very good suite.  I haven't had to follow up that suggestion as Pinnacle is okay for me.
cheers
rayb
'73 RD250, '80 XS11, '81 RD350LC,
'96 Steamer - 'Tiger Trek' outfit.
'02 Girly - 'Envy'
"Faster Daddy, Faster!" (aged 7?)

Moorso

2013 Triumph Explorer

Sin_Tiger

Very nice  :thumbsup

You wouldn't happen to know Jay Johnson over on the Isle o Magee?
I used to have long hair, took acid and went to hip joints. Now I long for hair, take antacid and need a new hip joint

Moorso

Thanks Sin.  :icon_salut:

Can't say I do know him. Not often in Islandmagee....although I did direct an archaeological excavation in Islandmagee a few years back in St. John's Church.

2013 Triumph Explorer