News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

Tiger shock linkage

Started by 97tiger885, April 24, 2014, 01:52:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

97tiger885

The Tiger/Trident hybrid build has begun.  The first step is getting the Tiger rear shock on the Trident.  I was hoping the Tiger shock would fit on the Trident with no changes.  No such luck.  The swing arm, shock, shock linkage and motor mounts are different.  So, I pulled the rear suspension and motor mounts off the Trident.  I now have the Tiger motor mounts and swing arm in place on the Trident.  The Tiger shock is in place with only the upper bolt.

Now my question:  How do these two pieces fit on the linkage?  The shop manual does not show them and being an idiot I did not document their exact placement.

The pieces:

The location where I believe they go:

And the way I think they mount:

Yes, no??

97tiger885

Turns out I do have a photo, from the centerstand bracket thread:

nickjtc

See schematic on the first post of this: http://www.tigertriple.com/forum/index.php/topic,13380.0.html

That's one of the two brackets that came with the centre stand kit.
"That which does not kill us reminds us to wear motorcycle specific clothing!"

97tiger885

I suspect these two pieces are spacers that came with the centerstand kit.

97tiger885

You beat me by just under a minute.  Thanks for the info.  I DLed the jpeg with the diagram.  I probably have the instructions around somewhere, but you saved me the time of searching.