News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

mikuni slide help

Started by ram33, April 30, 2014, 09:11:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ram33

after a couple of days wasted swapping bits around, i have just found out why 2 slides drop nice and slow and one drops quick
the 2 slow slides only have 1 (smaller) hole in bottom (see pic)
ive got 2 sets of carbs, both off tigers afaik, yet 2 have the single hole and 4 have the 2 holes.
obviously someone has swapped something in the past.
which slides are the correct ones for my steamer?

tiger 885 / fzs1000
bmw 335d / rr evoque

JayDub

Mine have three holes in all three.

ram33

Thanks for the reply.
So yours were the same as the bottom one in pic ?
Did the slides drop fast then?
tiger 885 / fzs1000
bmw 335d / rr evoque

Sin_Tiger

Should only have the two holes. I'll place a small wager that the 3 holed one that drops fast is from a Suzuki.
I used to have long hair, took acid and went to hip joints. Now I long for hair, take antacid and need a new hip joint

ram33

Quote from: Sin_Tiger link=topic=13580.msg100939#msg100939and wondered if it was because date=1398895917
Should only have the two holes. I'll place a small wager that the 3 holed one that drops fast is from a Suzuki.
It seems strange that in 2 sets of (3) carbs, I've got 4 with the 3 holes and 2 with 2 holes?
I've been having a problem with revs slow to return to tickover and wondered if it was because
2 were slow to drop, but if they def should have only 2 holes then maybe not
tiger 885 / fzs1000
bmw 335d / rr evoque

JayDub

I'm pretty sure that mine have three holes (inc the one for the needle), they're definately all the same  the same as the r/h pic, but I ain't pulling them out again... yet  :nono and all three are free falling - almost a sloppy fit, also mine have curved bottoms like the one on the right, not flat as the left one has.
I would call/email a dealer, or Steve at Motocarb: sales@motocarb.co.uk

ram33

Quote from: JayDub on May 01, 2014, 01:13:21 PM
I'm pretty sure that mine have three holes (inc the one for the needle), they're definately all the same  the same as the r/h pic, but I ain't pulling them out again... yet  :nono and all three are free falling - almost a sloppy fit, also mine have curved bottoms like the one on the right, not flat as the left one has.
I would call/email a dealer, or Steve at Motocarb: sales@motocarb.co.uk
tell me about it, ive had mine off about 10 times in the past month - can do it in about 30 mins now.
the slide both have the same curved bottom, its just a bad pic.
tiger 885 / fzs1000
bmw 335d / rr evoque

ram33

is it possible there are 3 holes because some has fitted dyno jet kit in past?
tiger 885 / fzs1000
bmw 335d / rr evoque

Sin_Tiger

With the Dynojet kits, I've been told by my then regular mechanic and a guy who sells them and runs a dyno, that blocking off one of the holes is the most common practice, mine was done that way when I got it. Bogged until 3000 then took off like a Scotsman at a vegetarian convention.
I used to have long hair, took acid and went to hip joints. Now I long for hair, take antacid and need a new hip joint

ram33

Quote from: Sin_Tiger on May 01, 2014, 11:32:57 PM
With the Dynojet kits, I've been told by my then regular mechanic and a guy who sells them and runs a dyno, that blocking off one of the holes is the most common practice, mine was done that way when I got it. Bogged until 3000 then took off like a Scotsman at a vegetarian convention.
So that means the slides have 3 holes as standard? (1 being the needle hole) and not 2
tiger 885 / fzs1000
bmw 335d / rr evoque

Sin_Tiger

Yup, apologies if my response was misleading I wasn't counting that one and couldn't see the pic previously.

ram33

Quote from: Sin_Tiger on May 02, 2014, 12:06:07 AM
Yup, apologies if my response was misleading I wasn't counting that one and couldn't see the pic previously.
That's good then - 2 votes for the 3 hole slides
Hopefully that will explain the slow drop to tickover then
Don't know where the odd 2 hole slides are from then?
Just got to swap the cyl head now
tiger 885 / fzs1000
bmw 335d / rr evoque