News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

Empty roads

Started by Spud, May 19, 2014, 09:00:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Spud

No photo's sorry was to busy riding.

It's Saturday there's a little leak on the bike which was traced to the split pipe on my Scott oiler after many years of using them it's the first time I've seen one.
the nipper finished her college course after 3 years and is now a qualified baker with several national competitions wins under her belt, she also has a job interview on Wednesday, so she went out last night.
So it's 4pm and still very hot and the Mrs said go out for a ride the roads will be empty, so I did at. 6.30pm I was eating fish and chips on the beach at Aberystwyth there was quite a few bikes there and hardly any cars about. The students who I thought would of gone home by now where all swimming in the sea.
Supper duly eaten and it's time to head home just after 7pm roads even emptier on the way back they all must of been having barbies somewhere, so the outward journey was Bridgnorth to Newtown and through the mountains and the way back was Aber Leominster Bewdley and back home to Stourbridge a round trip of 215 miles in just over 5 hours including supper and a brew.
It's the only 3rd ride I have done in the last 12 months since hurting my neck last May and I now waiting to see if there is any reaction from my neck.

lessons learnt don't leave your gel seat in direct sun, and early evening runs are great

cheers Spud  :thumbsup

Sin_Tiger

:eusa_clap

Guess the bike is running like a top now  :wheel and you've stopped eagle spotting  :icon_rolleyes:

I wondered why things were so quiet on the forum  :icon_scratch: I'd guessed you lucky buggers were all out enjoying decent weather.
I used to have long hair, took acid and went to hip joints. Now I long for hair, take antacid and need a new hip joint

threepot

Thats a nice run Spud :thumbsup Whats the seafront looking like? It had a right hammering in the storms a few months ago. You should've' taken in the Elan Valley aswell. Good excuse to come again eh :nod
95 Super111
96 Tiger

Spud

the front looked ok mate in fact cleaner than usual  :augie  Barmouth has suffered as well.

I wear a special anti Eagle brace now to stop me doing stupid things that hurt and stop you riding. Monday night now and things seem fine  :icon_lol: shoulders were sore this morning which made me wonder if it was referring from my neck but Just got to get bike fit now a little trip to Ecosse may sort some of that out.

cheers Spud  :thumbsup

Nick Calne

The run to Aberystwyth is bloody brill. I love going there.
Is it really an adventure bike if its wheels never see dirt?

threepot

95 Super111
96 Tiger